HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is making SD cans and what are their prices? I have seen the thread on the Knights SD can. I'm not wanting to spend that much. Advice ,reviews appreciated. Putting together my parts for a SD build.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The only other that is available, that I am aware of, is the RCM. I do not think that the Coharies are availble without the gun. You could also check with RDTS to see if he sells the silencers separate from his guns.

A factory HK SD silencer is 40mm is diameter. The RCM and the CA are approximately 41mm and they require the cocking tube support to be milled for additional clearance.

I know that doesn't give you much but since no one was answering, I thought anything would help :)

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
TSC makes a clone can that is as damn near factory as possible. Not sure if Mike sells them separately, I had a chance to look at the HK can and his can both inner workings and outside and vesides the markings and slight color differences could not tell the difference.

I am sure Chops could make one, not sure if he would sell one with out the rifle though..

SDs are not cheap and the KAC can is a good deal.. They are spooky quiet.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I've been considering it however, sound reduction is a science and not sure one that I really want to become an expert on. If the part-time machinist I have works out, I might give it a go once I get caught up. I need to talk to Mike over at RCM about changing his to 40mm O.D. If he does, that may be good enough reason for me to stay away from making them.

But if I do make them, I would sell them seperately :)

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the price range on these? This project is a little more than the others but I really want a SD. Chopstix I looked at the pics of the Sd you build. What is the can on your gun?

·
Registered
8,385 Posts
First off, you have to decide if you want an SD can that is made to mount to a factory spec gun. RDTS makes a nice can, and besides the extra weight, does not mount on a factory spec barrel. However, I "think" he may make one to factory mounting spec if special ordered. TSC makes a copy of the factory can, however, I've asked Mike in the past if he were going to make these as a stand alone item, and he didn't show any interest in that. I think all the time he puts into it, he would have to charge more than people would be willing to pay. Otherwise, he just absorbes the suppressor work into his total SD build price.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I believe Jayson at IGF is making his own SD cans. I don't know if he sells them separately. I'm pretty sure he uses them on his SD builds.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am most likely going to buy a front end kit from HK Parts unless RTG Puts one together soon. Not going to spend $2600 on demilled HK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts