HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Prices are going to go up and down a bit. Some people are falling on hard times and need quick cash. I do not think owners or investors are going to be wanting to get rid of their sears for fear of taking a loss at the moment.

The price is still going to climb each year as it always does. Each gun sear has a different trend too. It will eventually level off... but I doubt it wil keep dropping.

·
Registered
311 Posts
With a recession looming, look for lower NFA prices. Those 2nd mortgages that people took out to buy MGs are difficult to pay and when they are in danger of default, liquidate !! MGs are just another bubble in the economy. What the long term equilibrium price is I have no idea. I doubt its 12K.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think sear prices might go as low as $10000.00 to $11500.00 but they will rise again once the housing market & economy get better in a few years. Our poulation is growing larger every year so the demand will allways be more & more.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
With a recession looming, look for lower NFA prices. Those 2nd mortgages that people took out to buy MGs are difficult to pay and when they are in danger of default, liquidate !! MGs are just another bubble in the economy. What the long term equilibrium price is I have no idea. I doubt its 12K.
Wow, haven't seen them at 12k in a while. If this housing problem keeps up until just before tax time, just think of all the cheap HK sear goodness that might be available.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
If they do drop.... I will be buying my MP5K !!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Look around. The economy is tanking. Hello? Has anyone noticed the recession that's going on all around us? Anyone hear about all the homes that are in foreclosure? Also, anyone take note of the gov's position on the DC gun case? I'd expect to see sear prices hit $10,000 within the next two months--and probably go even lower come mid-summer.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Look around. The economy is tanking. Hello? Has anyone noticed the recession that's going on all around us? Anyone hear about all the homes that are in foreclosure? Also, anyone take note of the gov's position on the DC gun case? I'd expect to see sear prices hit $10,000 within the next two months--and probably go even lower come mid-summer.
I completely agree. Come on now, everybody - you NEED to dump your sears now. They will only go down in value. Better hurry up and get them on the market before it's too late!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I completely agree. Come on now, everybody - you NEED to dump your sears now. They will only go down in value. Better hurry up and get them on the market before it's too late!
I agree!!! Better get rid of them NOW............

I need one for every host I own.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Look around. The economy is tanking. Hello? Has anyone noticed the recession that's going on all around us?
In all seriousness, no. Phoenix has one of the lowest unemployment rates of a major metropolitan city in the US, and I am having a hell of a time finding good PC/networking people. I've heard from friends that say they are also having trouble finding people for other professions requiring skilled professionals.

Anyone hear about all the homes that are in foreclosure?
This have more to do with the morons that invested in real estate when they didn't know anything about it, and now find themselves over-extended? The only people I know of in trouble are the ones who over-bought a few years ago, expecting the market to remain hot, and now their deferred interest loans are coming due and they can't get out from under the house.

I am *so* glad I worked on becoming debt-free instead of trying to buy a house I couldn't afford. I fully plan on taking advantage of any deals on NFA items over the next few months.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
The only sears being sold are the ones that were bought for investment purposes by idiots that thought they could make a killing later on. They are the ones who just pile stuff in a safe and don't shoot anyway (wouldn't want to hurt a precious HK y'know). Most of the investors are Johnnie-come-latelies anyhow and paid WAAAY too much for their investments. Most of us just call them guns.

These are the guys that are panicking and selling off.

I don't know anyone selling one that didn't buy it for more than $675. Why would I sell some sears that I bought for $475? No reason. I'm a shooter first and if I ever got bored with something THEN I would toy around with the idea of selling, but just because I wanted something else. The wife can do whatever she wants to do with them after I kick. She knows what they are worth and has instructions that whatever she doesn't want to retain would go to an auction site anyhow (NOT egay or gunbroker).

I paid so little (compared to todays prices) there is no way I could justify a panic selloff. Well, unless HK sears fall below $475. That'll get a rise outta me. To buy, not sell... heh.:43:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Screw It!

I have been eyeballing sears for a half dozen years, in hopes of setting up my 91,93,&94, but never really had the cash to splurge at one time. I always bought less expensive guns, and never would save up the NFA entry fee. Every year, as I sat on the sidelines watching them climb in price, I was tempted to borrow the cash for a purchase. '07 was great to me, so I just bought in last week. Didn't have to borrow after all. Brand new Qualified sear, in an SEF @ $12.5 cash. I don't care if they go on down, because I don't foresee selling for many years. I personally hope and believe they will go on up over the next few years. If not, that's just my luck.

Am I an idiot for buying right now?

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I have been eyeballing sears for a half dozen years, in hopes of setting up my 91,93,&94, but never really had the cash to splurge at one time. I always bought less expensive guns, and never would save up the NFA entry fee. Every year, as I sat on the sidelines watching them climb in price, I was tempted to borrow the cash for a purchase. '07 was great to me, so I just bought in last week. Didn't have to borrow after all. Brand new Qualified sear, in an SEF @ $12.5 cash. I don't care if they go on down, because I don't foresee selling for many years. I personally hope and believe they will go on up over the next few years. If not, that's just my luck.

I don't think so, not at all. Sure, they may go down a little bit more, but maybe not. They will eventually go back up.

·
Registered
390 Posts

There is nothing wrong with buying a sear at this time (specially a new one) plus the Qualified/Fleming sear you have is more desireable than the S&H sears & usually have a higher resale value.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thx

I don't think so, not at all. Sure, they may go down a little bit more, but maybe not. They will eventually go back up.
I appreciate the inspiration. Since I have actually had the cabbage to sink into one over the past few months, most that I have encountered were priced at $13.5+. I have watched several at $13.25 over the past month. Then, last week, a couple different ones popped up at $12.5. I was trying to hold out for $12 or less, but this one being in-state and never fired since being installed in the converted pack by Vollmer, I figured I better go for it. Additionally, my local FFL/SOT spoke very highly of the seller. Peace of mind in knowing it is a safe deal accounts for several hundred bucks to me.

Now I have to start the conversion process on the guns....

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is nothing wrong with buying a sear at this time (specially a new one) plus the Qualified/Fleming sear you have is more desireable than the S&H sears & usually have a higher resale value.
Thank you for your additional inspiration. So far, my thinking has been echoed by you guys who have previously traveled this path.

I spent a couple hours reading through http://hkpro.com/hkconversions.htm again last week, and grasp about 80% of it. I became confused when the article discussed the legality of swapping trigger packs. In a nutshell, can I legally swap this trigger pack from the original SEF grip frame into a Navy frame? Seems harmless to me, because it leaves no converted cage or internal parts unused. It would, however, leave the SEF frame unused. I make every attempt to be as 110% legal as possible in everything I do, and would appreciate clarification on this matter. Seriously.

Sorry for getting off topic, but in all honesty I am trying to get my 30 posts so I can go shopping in the classifieds. Anyone want to trade me some non LEO curved MP5 mags? I have new in individual box non LEO Colt AR mags to trade at a rate of 3:1? 4:1 for new curved MP5 mags. I better stop before I get in trouble. :20000000:

Thanks for the info, gentlemen.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I appreciate the inspiration. Since I have actually had the cabbage to sink into one over the past few months, most that I have encountered were priced at $13.5+. I have watched several at $13.25 over the past month. Then, last week, a couple different ones popped up at $12.5. I was trying to hold out for $12 or less, but this one being in-state and never fired since being installed in the converted pack by Vollmer, I figured I better go for it. Additionally, my local FFL/SOT spoke very highly of the seller. Peace of mind in knowing it is a safe deal accounts for several hundred bucks to me.

Now I have to start the conversion process on the guns....
An instate transfer is worth another 5-10% to me if I am able to examine and handle the item and if it is going through a reputable dealer you know or live by. You also save another $200 with an out of state transfer tax.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I spent a couple hours reading through http://hkpro.com/hkconversions.htm again last week, and grasp about 80% of it. I became confused when the article discussed the legality of swapping trigger packs. In a nutshell, can I legally swap this trigger pack from the original SEF grip frame into a Navy frame? Seems harmless to me, because it leaves no converted cage or internal parts unused. It would, however, leave the SEF frame unused. I make every attempt to be as 110% legal as possible in everything I do, and would appreciate clarification on this matter. Seriously.

Thanks for the info, gentlemen.
It's not a matter of legality, the SEF pack won't work in a navy frame. The hole in the grip frame is different, the selector axle is different, and the mechanism that retains the selector axle is different. Only SEF packs can be used in SEF grip frames, and only navy style packs can be used in navy style grip frames.

But it is perfectly legal to get a navy pack adapted to accept your registered catch, it just has to be modified so that a factory catch won't work anymore.

And while there is a ton of good information in that article, it really needs to be updated in some areas, especially when it talks about burst packs. There's no magic in getting a registered catch to work in a burst pack. The trick is that the hammer needs to be modified slightly as well.

It states that "only a very few" registered catches can be made to work in a burst pack. Horsepuckey. The most common sears out there are Flemming, Qualified, and S&H, and they can all be made to work in a burst pack. Hell, I can't imagine ANY catch that couldn't be made to function in a burst pack. Some other parts like the hammer or trip lever may have to be modified, but anything can be made to work.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Additionally, my local FFL/SOT spoke very highly of the seller. Peace of mind in knowing it is a safe deal accounts for several hundred bucks to me.
I know the seller very well. He is an absolute CLASS ACT and you got a SMOKIN' deal.

Just curious, who is your dealer?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts