HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents, just came back from the range. Finally took the 7 hosts out to see which one will make me problems with the new Fleming sear.
The MP5A3 and MP5K ran great directly. The SD didn't run with the metal housing but perfectly with a plastic SEF housing.
The HK33K didn't run at all. Most of the time the trigger didn't get reset.
The HK13K ran for one 40 rds mag and a 100 rd C-Mag perfectly then quit ejecting and therefore jamming.
The G3K same as HK33K.
The HK11 didn't even cycle manually. It has a FA carrier. Looks like it gets stuck 2/3 on the way back.

Well, as you see theres still some work in order to get the all to run.
I'll keep everyone updated. Worst case I'll keep posting my frustration here.
But hey, at least the sear is out of ATF prison and 50% of the guns run great

Here's a pic of the collection hkcollection - 1.jpg

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hammer seems to be retimmed. Sear came in a pack that Fleming adjusted. I saw that the ejector level on the 11 is lower than the one that came with the sear. I guess since it's build on a PTR they use different size. Anyway, the 11 cycles manually now so I'll see tomorrow.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,786 Posts
are you changing ejector levers? What hammer spring are you using? Are these clones or HK receivers?

·
HK Shooting Team
2,786 Posts
PTR receiver is clone HK11.....with clones you may run into shelf height issues

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PTR receiver is clone HK11.....with clones you may run into shelf height issues
Yeah, i used the PTR lever and it cycles good. will see tomorrow what is does. Too hot now to drive back to the range

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
first time doing major sear-host work?
hahahaha....it's a terrible affliction for sure.
but you'll get there and get them all up and running....each gun having its own particulars in grip frame, pack, etc,etc...

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Oh man, I know that feeling. In fact, I just had it again on Sunday since I took 2 new hosts to the range (my new faux SD, which ran fine, and my new UMP-9 clone/SW SP10, which seems to hate the SEF MP5K trigger housing I was putting my sear/trigger pack in).

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only can work on it from 7-9AM since after that, it's too hot to sit outside and work on the problems. Sweat and heat makes me wanna throw away the guns usually at one point.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok, so the HK11 and G3K worked flawlessly after i used the PTR ejector lever that is a little lower
The HK33K ran great with the plastic SEF housing but not with the metal one. After I ran 40 rd mag through it and switched to a 100rd C-Mag, it started having FTE after like 70 rds were out. I guess it's the heat.
Even manually it was hard to extract them.
The HK13K is my only problem child for now. Yesterday it ran a whole 100rd mag but today it coudln't extract a single round. Even hand feeding it, it was super hard to extract the shell from the barrel.
I don't know if i need to change the locking piece since i sbr'd it now. Anyway. 6 out of 7 that run great isn't too bad for now.
Gun has a locking piece 8 and 12" barrel

edit: i just thought that I used 55gr today and i think 62 yesterday. could that make a difference?

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
6 of 7 hosts "fixed" and up and running...in like a few days? Hey man...you are doing great. I still have a 10mm clone MP5k thats just hopeless. hahahah.

When you are sweating your ballz off troubleshooting and cussing out loud to yourself while swapping out parts, shooting, swapping...and others nearby are staring at the mumbling sweaty pissed off dude.... just stop, be calm, and think...I'm saving myself a sh$tpile of money by getting my sear+ multiple hosts up and running as opposed to buying just Reg. rec guns or whatnot. Thats the only saving grace. A big one I might add.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man, you're totally right. Just when I thought I had figured out how HK guns run, they make new problems. 6 out 7 yes for now. I will see in the future if I was just lucky that day or if it's a steady state. The 13K is the one I really really really want to run like a "1" with the C-Mag. That MG fun as it is written in the Holly Book.
I read a little and it looks like the case over expand and get stuck so it might be the brass or just the 55grs are too light. I'll check it out tomorrow sometime.
Sometimes I think living in California would be best. No guns, no problems. It's like the state for recovering Gunoholics.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Nice collection! I hear you about it being too hot to shoot by 9am!

(I had to repost your picture, the "attach picture" doesn't display the picture in-line)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Do yourself a favor and only take 2 at the most at one time and stay with it until you get it right. Make up a ziplock bag for each host with the ejector it likes and a housing for each host. Keep the bag inside the housing when not using it , and all will work out well. It sounds like work but once you get them figured out it makes life easy and enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i made a list with what trigger pack and ejector the gun runs best. i ordered different new levers and housings and hope i find one that does multiples. i was planning fron now on to only take one caliber at a time to the range.
tomorrow i will try to get that 13K running, but i suspect the freedom arms remaned 55grs did expand too much in the chamber and was to hard to extract
now 62gr green tip then i hope it will work

1 - 20 of 24 Posts