HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to believe that some hosts don't (or don't easily) accept a FA trigger pack (transferable sear, in pack).

Here are my questions:

1. For Non-HK's, who makes a host that will come to me ready to plug/play with my pack?
2. What must be done to an SP5K to make it compatible?
3. What are the differences between semi-only and searpack-friendly hosts?

THX BB

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
For the SP5K, either weld the existing bolt carrier with F/A ramp or purchase an RCM SP5K spec F/A bolt carrier.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Man, that's a pretty complex question with allot of nuances for answers - I'll start small by listing only my personal experiences (Fleming sear, HK semi pack).
My HK 9X's ( 94/SD,93, 91) all work flawlessly after I spent the money for F/A carriers (my 91 works great but I just find the 308 "not fun" versus smaller calibers)
My high end clones (Dakota German D54, MM13) have worked flawlessly - drop sear in, go - add smiles
My mid tear clones have been a mixed bag - Vector 53 and Ptr32P (problems and money pits but hope springs eternal), DJ Getz 89K flawless
No experience with some others you've asked about - lots of threads though. Best, Matt

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
1. For Non-HK's, who makes a host that will come to me ready to plug/play with my pack?
Varies by builder/importer. Most of the imported guns SP5K, MKE etc, have had some combination of non-sear friendly features in the gun as-is. Most of the domestic builders do not incorporate any non-sear friendly features.

1 or more non-sear friendly features. Some are easy to rectify, like swapping a non-FA carrier for a FA carrier. Others like a FA carrier block, take a bit more work to remove. Some Non 922 compliant import rifles have a block of some kind in the mag well to prevent the use of > 10 round magazines. Not really a non-sear friendly feature, but sure limits the fun =).

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
I seem to believe that some hosts don't (or don't easily) accept a FA trigger pack (transferable sear, in pack).

Here are my questions:

2. What must be done to an SP5K to make it compatible?

THX BB
Your best bet is to send your pack and gun to one of the great Roller Lock Builders/gunsmiths out there and have them install and time everything. That way they can work through all variables you when you get it back. MGs can be finicky. Not the answer you wanted probably..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm, like others have said, not sure anything can be pinned on a particular brand of clone not cooperating with a sear pack. I've cycled through dozens of hosts from five or six manufacturers and have yet to have an issue. Most clone problems I've had are related to stock fitment and crappy finishes.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
You don't need to buy another gun. Your list already takes up three and a half pages on every post you make. You should sell a few things. You know, in the interest of saving some space.

:biggrin:

I think the SP5k is a great little gun, with solid performance as a sear host. Only took me about an hour of work to modify the bolt carrier and grip. I guess the chemical bluing of the grounded carrier took a bit longer, but not really much effort at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts