HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my sear in a 4 position 2rb and other than the sexy factor, am wondering if I should keep it in the current pack, or get an SEF pack. The reason I ask is that I have a 91 and would like to use the sear in the 91 but feel that it is a bigger pain in the butt to move the pack from gun to gun if it is in a SEF, vs a 4P2RB pack.

Eventually, I want to get a semi 21 so any advice on the ease of switching out from an MP5 to a 21 config would be appreciated.

I shoot right handed so the ambi aspect of the 4position pack really does not apply....

TIA for all answers!

GMANinGA out

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I currently have my sear in a 4 position 2rb and other than the sexy factor, am wondering if I should keep it in the current pack, or get an SEF pack. The reason I ask is that I have a 91 and would like to use the sear in the 91 but feel that it is a bigger pain in the butt to move the pack from gun to gun if it is in a SEF, vs a 4P2RB pack.

Eventually, I want to get a semi 21 so any advice on the ease of switching out from an MP5 to a 21 config would be appreciated.

I shoot right handed so the ambi aspect of the 4position pack really does not apply....

TIA for all answers!

GMANinGA out
If your criteria is ease of switching from one caliber to another, the SEF packs are easier to swap the ejector and hammer spring than the burst packs, but it is an almost negligible amount easier.

The only difference is how you remove the selector and pack from the housing, and how you remove and replace the hammer spring if you're going from a 9mm to a rifle (and you can actually leave a rifle spring in all the time if you with and only change out the ejector lever.)

·
1,243 Posts
the SEF packs are easier to swap the ejector and hammer spring than the burst packs, but it is an almost negligible amount easier.
I agree with this!

Put a rifle hammer spring in and the only thing you will ever need to swap is the ejector lever. It is very easy to to do this in ANY pack. Choose which pack you like better for ergonomics/aesthetics, because the difference in swapping parts to go from one host to the other is miniscule.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,956 Posts
It's only sexy if you always bypass that mechanical training substitution device.

:D

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The best option is getting more sears - which is the way I went (but it costs a little more now days ;-).

The trigger pack on the HK21 is a little different on the one's that I have seen (ejector has a dog leg, which I have been told is due to the belt feed system). Almost looks like (but I have not tried) one can open up the ejector notch on the front of a SEF pack to take the HK21 ejector. As always check with which ever HK Smith is doing the HK21 conversion for you.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The trigger pack mods for a 21 are small.I did mine with a dremel tool and it just has to be opened up a small bit in the front and make the cut in the rear a bit longer for the ejector to pivot fully.When you get the 21 just look at the pack in it to compare the differences and then adjust accordingly.Not a big deal and not worth sending to a gunsmith.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Will the 9mm Hammer work in a 91?
I tried a 9mm spring in my 53K & 51 & it did not work at all but it might vary with the type of ammo used. The rifle spring works in all of my guns including my MP5K with 115 grain ammo but 9mm clones migh be more finiky. My sear is in a 4 position 3rd burst pack just because I like the way it looks but I never use the burst option because I can do the same thing with trigger control.

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,293 Posts
Reg Sear in trigger pack...

Or, why not a "Navy" pack for all your guns (i.e., no burst)?
I highly prefer the "NAVY" MP5 pictogram SEF style trigger pack... You can install the trigger frame on all HK 90 series of guns...

Tell me that pic doesn't look attractive with that trigger frame mounted...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Will the 9mm Hammer work in a 91?
Yes, the HAMMER will work in anything. The hammer SPRING may not. Rifle ammo has harder primers, and the 9mm hammer SPRING may not indent it hard enough to reliably fire.

You can, if you wish, use the rifle spring in the 9mm, but not always the 9mm spring in the rifle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks.. I knew that you could swap out the ejectors and hammer springs, I was not sure if the MP5 Hammer could be used in a HK-91... Thanks for all of the info. I may try it this weekend. I already have a full-auto carrier...

GMANinGA out.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Thanks.. I knew that you could swap out the ejectors and hammer springs, I was not sure if the MP5 Hammer could be used in a HK-91... Thanks for all of the info. I may try it this weekend. I already have a full-auto carrier...

GMANinGA out.
Oh yeah, HK91 in full auto is a blast. If only it wasn't $12 per trigger pull. :(

·
Registered
589 Posts
Ya know, Dave, you don't have to dump the whole magazine! :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
I put .308 hammer springs in all of my sear packs to avoid any problems prior to buying more sears. I left them in after I got the other three sears, the work fine. One point I think you are trying to make is that it is easier to move the SEAR from one SEF pack to another SEF Pack. IKnow what you mean. I hated that. Remember that if you have more modified sear packs than sears, quite a few experts feel that you are in violation, though I've never heard of anyone getting popped for it. There was an article in Small Arms Review about it last year I think. I guess that BATF is worried that if you sell a modified trigger pack without a registered sear that someone could put it in a gun with a FA bolt and it would run WITHOUT the sear. I haven't tried it but I ask Ralph from RDTS and he said it does work. Any body tried it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts