HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to learn as much about my sear pack as I can, and I have a quick question. I bought a PTR-32 pistol and I'm going to get over to Jeff (Get better buddy!!) and have him weld my carrier and drum cut. Will my sear trigger pack not work with a non-full auto carrier? I installed it in the PTR just to mess with it and I couldn't get the tigger to release the hammer . I've never paid close attention to the trigger pack workings, but it looks like the trip lever on the right side of the pack actually "releases" the hammer a little, which then allows it to fire. I've never used it with a carrier that wasn't welded.

Is that the way that it is suppose to work?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Yes, with out the full auto carrier the sear pack "thinks" that the bolt has not close yet. This is also the issue with full auto guns that have the self too low and/or the receiver too big/under formed. The semi pack works fine, but the full auto pack's trip lever is not depressed enough in distance and/or time.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kind of what I thought once I really looked at what was happening. My first thought was what the crap is broken now.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts