HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was wondering if I may pose a query into solving some trouble I have been having with a newly obtained clubfoot stock purchased from HKPARTS.net. I have been having trouble figuring out how to secure a msg-90 buffer to the stock and back plate. I have been looking for a piece that would lock the buffer from the buttpad side via a retaining screw can not find one and don't know exactly what I am looking for. I was wondering if you can help guide me as I have never replaced the stock before.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I had a thread on this from many years back...not sure if it is still around. I installed a 2-stage heavy buffer in a clubfoot stock and a 91 backplate. I used a bolt and a washer I found at Lowe's to secure the back of buffer. I don't recall the measurements of the bolt other than it was long and metric. This may have all been overkill as I believe you can get by just fine not securing it in the rear and only using the 2 screws in the backplate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of follow up questions that just hit me. On the original stock it had a sleeve to which the buffer went through and secured the stock to. Is there such a thing for the club foot stock? I was also wondering how secure the clubfoot would be with out anything pulling the stock to the backplate?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to thank you all for you replies, as they all helped to shed light on my issue. I was literally beating my self silly with the clubfoot, trying to figure things out. I appreciate the advice and links given.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts