HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeking recommendations for P30SK LEM holsters, IWB and OWB.

I’ve never carried and have some nervousness regarding LEM. Advice from LEM users, regardless of specific model, appreciated. My concern is that the very light DA pull doesn’t provide as much tactile feedback if it was obstructed and getting pushed while bolstering.

Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have carried my P30SK LEM for years in a Stealthgear IWB and OWB holsters. I mainly carry at 4 o’clock as appendix is not comfortable for me (mainly physical and slightly mental). The holsters were comfortable for me. I have no issues with LEM and felt safer with it than let’s say a P30SK DA/SA in Condition 1 or with a striker like a VP9SK. You also get the extra feature of being able to thumb the hammer as you holster your gun.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Search function is your friend. The holster and LEM question come up monthly it seems like. It is very safe as you will read and there are tons of holster options. LEM is plenty safe I personally AIWB 100% of the time no safety concern.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its not any "safer" in my opinion. IRC condition 1 would be hammer back safety on? If it had a safety or just in SA if not. I used to carry condition 2 which I feel is super safe but if you have a quality holster and keep your digits where they're supposed to be striker fire is safe also. My wife AIWB VP9 and VP9sk all the time.

I prefer the LEM trigger and I've carried it for at least 18 months now maybe more. I have converted all my carry and HD guns.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put my thumb on the hammer when I reholster my P30sk LEM best advice I can give. I have a kydex aiwb Vedder and an TT gun leather slim iwb that the mouth is not reinforced and still feel safe since my thumbs on the hammer.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
1). Lenwood Spector (IWB); Wraith (OWB) full sweat shield is a must.
2). G-Code Eclipse
3). Vedder Light Tuck
4). Tulster Holsters.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
TT Gunleather IWB is my go to holster
for all my sidearms. They are available with reinforced mouth for easier reholstering too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Second for Stealthgear IWB. I had a P2000SK that I carried at the 4 o'clock position for several years in a Stealthgear, it was super comfortable to carry all day.

I have limited experience with LEM, since my carry gun was DA/SA, but as has been mentioned, keep your thumb on the back of the hammer as you reholster.

Highly recommend taking a class that covers drawing and reholstering considering you're new to carrying. Also, congratulations on making the decision to carry, it'll feel extremely natural before you know it.

Take it super slow when you reholster, and look at the mouth of the holster as you bring the gun in - after all, you are reholstering because the threat/drill is over, right?

Most NDs I know of have been from people that race to holster their pistols. You can do it safely, there's no need to do it fast.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Crossbreed supertuck.
This holster has been comfortable and holds my P30SKS V3 with 15 round extended magazine with no issues for me.

Reactions: NE_HK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Third for Stealthgear! Retention is excellent, comfort is amazing with the ventcore backing. My P30SK is LEM. Thumb over hammer holstering for me as well. Which is one of the reasons I prefer hammer fire.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I guess I'm the old fashioned one here, I prefer leather. I have Kydex, even tried the G-code... I still prefer leather; All day long. Try Kramer Leather in Washington. Out of dozens of holsters I've tried, they are my favorite. IWB, also at 4 o'clock. All 3 of my HK's are light lem, which I would have no other way. And as the others have said, always thumb the trigger when holstering.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure why I didn’t recommend Kramer or Ryan Grizzle I love mine for my other pistols! Just only thought about what I have for my P30sk. JM custom are also nice!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
All the above responses are great answers.

I carry a VP9SK, granted, no external hammer, but is a LEM, I have no qualms at att about carrying it in a Fury Carry Solutions Kydex at about 15:30.

Hope that helps,

·
Registered
HK P30SKS LEM v0 with medium TRS, Grayguns Straight Trigger, and Short Reset System
13 Posts
I like the Halcyon Halcyon – KSG Armory
Gabe's holster covers the trigger guard completely on my P30SK with a mid-height sweat guard and allows for a safe draw. I also recommend the dark wing if carrying AIWB. I ordered both the soft loops and the DCC clips because I wasn't sure what I'd like. To be honest, both work great. It is not tuckable by default, but you could ask him to include tuckable DCC clips.
Personally, I splurged on a Phlster Enigma belt system for the tucked AIWB days. :)

Added bonus: default config allows for red dots, in case you ever want to upgrade your sights later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts