HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. Considering selling my P2000SK and buying a P30SK (V1 LEM). I have a decent amount invested in the P2SK (mags, holsters, etc) so not sure if its worth it. I really like the feel of the P30SK but have never fired one. I own a P30L and VP9 for comparison. Are the P2SK mags compatible with the P30SK? I really have liked my P2SK and its been 100% reliable, but after holding a P30SK in the store yesterday the wheels are spinning.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also are the sights the same? Would love to be able to swap my Trijicons from my P2SK to a P30SK.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Get the pistol that feels and shoots the best for you. Other than the ergonomics and possible safety, the P2000sk and P30 are the same pistol. The trigger is exactly the same.

I am keeping my P2000sk and waiting on the "VP9K"(it's all talk until they actually design the pistol)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't think there is enough of a difference to justify the switch, The only reason would be if the grip is that much better for you on the P30 & even then, the SK isn't really going to be a range gun for most uses so it would have to be a really big improvement in my mind to make the switch

·
Registered
175 Posts
I own both. I wouldn't sell the P2000SK to buy a P30SK, there's not enough difference. I do like having both though, for the record. I actually shoot the P2000SK a bit better still.

The sights are NOT the same, you'd need new ones for the P30SK.

If you're dead set on it, you could re-use the P2000SK mags though with the P30SK, they do work with some light sanding on the P2000SK base plates, OR buy new P30 baseplates and just swap them out, it's the same magazine body.

I found about 2/3 of the holsters I had for the P2000SK also fit the P30SK.

·
Registered
449 Posts
If I didn't have a P2000sk and didn't hope/want the VP9sk to come out in about a year, I would highly consider a P30sk.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
My motto is never sell a HK unless you like regret.
The grip on the P30sk makes all the difference for immediate and perfect target acquisition IMO.
I love my P30sk V1. I also have two P2000sk in each caliber and will not be selling either.
If you can, buy the P30sk from one of our vendors when the price is great and see for yourself.
Then, if you must sell one, decide which you like best and keep them both. :biggrin:

In regards to mags. I believe that they are the same magazine body with different base plates.
My holsters for the P2000sk fit my P30sk perfectly. However, I am ole school leather. Plastic may be a different.
You would need to check with trijicon to see if your sights would fit the other series or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is good info on the parts interchangeability. I was considering a P2000SK, but I found a P30SK for a little less. I also own a P2000 and was hoping for some equipment commonality.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I personally am waiting and debating on which one to get....I have decided that once the VP9sK becomes available some wholesaler like CDNN will be giving huge discounts on the two older sK models.... at least so I tell myself!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I personally am waiting and debating on which one to get....I have decided that once the VP9sK becomes available some wholesaler like CDNN will be giving huge discounts on the two older sK models.... at least so I tell myself!
I don't know about that, the P2000 still holds a high value and the VP9 is striker fired whereas the SK's are DA/SA or LEM

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I'm with the never sell a good gun camp.
Have a P2000SK V1 40 S&W with OEM 357 Sig barrel and mags.
Never going to sell it.
But loving the ergonomics of my P30 V1 40 S&W.
I sprung for a P30SK V1 LE.
And the P30SK has replaced my P2000SK as a carry weapon.
I simply shoot it better...

They are both fine guns.
As a cautionary tale: The only Hk I've ever sold was a NIB USPc SS 45.
And I'm still kicking myself over that one :wink:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with the never sell a good gun camp.
I tend to be in this camp as well, but my safe is packed to the brim and I am committed to not getting a bigger safe. It's been a chore just making room for my incoming 2nd SP5K from MM!

So I'm at the point where buying one means selling one and right now the P30SK is calling my name :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I tend to be in this camp as well, but my safe is packed to the brim and I am committed to not getting a bigger safe. It's been a chore just making room for my incoming 2nd SP5K from MM!

So I'm at the point where buying one means selling one and right now the P30SK is calling my name :biggrin:
In that case? Sell.
IMHO the P30Sk is a definitely superior.
Recommend and LE V1 with factory Meps and three mags.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd like to keep my guns but I feel that if I'm not shooting it, it doesn't do me much good sitting in the safe. I figure let someone else enjoy the gun

·
Registered
31 Posts
With the expense of new holsters/mag conversions/etc. I'm not sure if it's a big enough difference to justify the effort and expense

1 - 15 of 15 Posts