HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've noticed that in some semi packs there's a bushing the sear spring rides on that's excluded from some converted packs. There's a wide center section and a smaller outside section on each side where the spring coils actually ride. Some packs have this bushing, others have nothing but the axle. Does anyone know if this bushing is available anywhere? Or even what it's really called?
I have a pack that's had a Bill S. trigger job done to it but there is no bushing there and I'd like to install one. Seems like a nice part and makes the spring ride much better than the version without.

Nevermind, found it.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Elbow-Spring-Spacer-For-Semi-Auto-German-HK-174p1553.htm

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Some packs come with a US made semi bushing/spring assy. However, some come with a converted full auto assy that is rebent. They both seem to work equally as well. GARY N4KVE

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to rebend an auto spring to use in a semi once. Didn't work very well and I decided from there on out I'd just buy already made springs. Darn things really don't like to be bent at all and I broke it before it got to shape.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I bent a couple full auto springs for a semi. Be careful, you can do it, but be aware they can shatter and once broken they ARE effin' sharp.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Use pliers without teeth and it is pretty ez. I think they might be called jewlers pliers? I could be wrong about the name but I have some that don't have teeth like regular pliers, I can even do it easily with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts