HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe I worded it wrong. I was wondering about the placment of the semi shelf. Is there a certain measurement? I was thinking maybe insert the shelf in a c&p housing and put it on the reciever with dykem sprayed on it to get placement? I was just worried about proper clearances with the bolt group. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I was wondering about the placment of the semi shelf. Is there a certain measurement?
There certainly is, Ollie. A tad too high and it doesn't fit. Tad or two too low and a sear gun will refused to function at all, although semis will have little problems.

·
Registered
286 Posts
the one i just did, i put the c&p-ed lower on the receiver and with the shelf mocked in place i put a couple tack welds on it. then after removing the lower (so you dont melt it) i finished up the weld.

just make sure you push the shelf tight with some sort of tool, dotn just let it sit in there. i did that the first time and when i checked it, it wa a tad crooked so i had to break my tacks and retack. but then it was good.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I use a jig based on a factory HK gun. Sent one to Jeff Walters a couple of years ago in trade. Check with him as he may be willing to loan it to you assuming he still has it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I would go with the first picture, the trigger pack doesn't touch the lower receiver radius edge. The trigger pack butts up against the four tabs underneath the receiver opening. Just my opinion.....

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Doesn't matter. The shelf could be measured from the top of the receiver. As long as the shelf ends up located properly is all that matters. Myself, I'd measure from the lowest tab on the receiver also, because it's the closest flat surface but it's all relevant.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree, I would take both measurements and go with that. In real life, I would be in a hurry, weld it. Then spend the next day cutting and re welding..... :eek: :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts