HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the previous thread was locked I'll post this here

To those who have sent in their Tommy Built T36 to be upgraded, which carrier did you go with?

Did you do insurance?

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
UPS.. insured.. 2 day from Atlanta.. it was $90.00.. he signed for it.. so hopefully I’ll get it back in 3-4 weeks ..

·
Registered
94 Posts
😂 Classic!
I tried to see if I could drop mine off at his location but it was a no go... hes not zoned for walk in and is playing it safe!
Shipping it is!
M.
Shipping via UPS/FedEx ground within the state of FL is ONE day transit. You would think if you shipped it USPS Priority it would be one day, don't be fooled. It takes 2-3 days sometimes even longer. Priority service is a SCAM, I've had packages sent FIRST class mail arrive faster that Priority!

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Shipping via UPS/FedEx ground within the state of FL is ONE day transit. You would think if you shipped it USPS Priority it would be one day, don't be fooled. It takes 2-3 days sometimes even longer. Priority service is a SCAM, I've had packages sent FIRST class mail arrive faster that Priority!
Good to know... the USPS is ridiculous!!!
M.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Things are different if it is SBRed. I wanted to go through my FFL, but he couldnt without first having it transfered to him. But i went UPS, followed there policies, and it arrived at his location, if I recall correctly, on Wednesday.

·
Registered
122 Posts
USPS Priority 3 day service large flat rate box, no insurance but adult signature required, put two bare receivers in it and sent it. Tom received and signed for it 3 days later.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow... I would say I'm at the perfect midpoint between, "This is great, I can turn in my 'used' receiver for a new 'upgraded' one for $$$" and Mr. Angry over here.

For anyone who did not panic, but is still going to send in- I'd be interested in seeing groups, including hot groups before and after the "upgrade."

My T36 receiver has the flexy-bubble up front, and I need some real-life reason to send it in.

I assume you get your same barrel back, yes?

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,908 Posts
Thank you everyone for staying on topic and keeping the discussion professional.

Reactions: srgwml

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just did mine FEDEX Ground in a USPS large game board box (barely fit). Don’t trust the USPS that much haha.

·
Registered
170 Posts
He received mine 2 weeks ago (tomorrow).. I have not heard anything back yet. he stated 3 - 6 weeks. I will ping him at 6 weeks, if I have not heard back. When he ships, I would hope that I get a shipment notification from my FFL, so they know who the gun belongs to and how to reach me. I am sure he is busy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone have a turn around time on their upgrade?
18 days from received in FL to shipping notification today.

At least, I'm assuming this is my TG36 shipment. No communication from Mr. Bostic, just a FedEx shipping notification from Lakeland, FL to Marietta, GA. I don't live in Marietta, but the FFL I transferred the original T36 through does. Guess I'll find out on Thursday.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wish his communication was a bit better. I understand that he is most likely swamped, but an acknowledgement of receipt or shipping notification would be nice. His on line store does not have tracking for previous orders that I have placed, so it would have to be a manual effort, to provide tracking info..... @cation3, I bet he is doing them in batches, so maybe I will get a surprise. I have a FEDEX account, but have not had a notification of any sorts. I am going to my dealer today to pick up my SP5K PDW :).. though..

1 - 20 of 108 Posts