HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
While I agree with the majority of that statement, I think it does not really apply here. A G36-clone is not a first-time buyers' gun. I imagine the vast majority of T36s (and future TG36s) have never seen hard use and never will due to the 'grail-gun' nature of it. Everyone in this thread knows why the ATF targeted this weapon.

That said: the problem with the data plate should not be the layout, but rather everything else. ehunt's first picture (in Post #24) is unedited. I had hoped that under the "Cal 5.56mmx45" line there was a serial number - as seen on the real HK. I assumed it was edited out in the picture, but it is actually not present on the receiver. The legal serial is still in the same place as it was on the T36. Towards the bottom of the data plate, the proof mark adds some interesting connection to the original, but it just hovers in the void without an engraved serial number.

The more interesting issue is the polymer flow as the receiver was molded. The matte dark area under the "Cal..." line is very noticeable and almost exactly the same on mine. With an engraved serial number, it may not be as obvious.

Does any of that matter? No, but in comparison to the destroyed T36, it is different and apparent.
The serial number area was deliberately left blank. If someone wanted an even closer resemblance to a G36 they would then be free to engrave their serial in the blank. Most people would not care, but maintaining the option was the decision. If something else was molded in that place then I can only imagine the disappointment it would cause.

·
Registered
94 Posts
While I agree with the majority of that statement, I think it does not really apply here. A G36-clone is not a first-time buyers' gun. I imagine the vast majority of T36s (and future TG36s) have never seen hard use and never will due to the 'grail-gun' nature of it. Everyone in this thread knows why the ATF targeted this weapon.

That said: the problem with the data plate should not be the layout, but rather everything else. ehunt's first picture (in Post #24) is unedited. I had hoped that under the "Cal 5.56mmx45" line there was a serial number - as seen on the real HK. I assumed it was edited out in the picture, but it is actually not present on the receiver. The legal serial is still in the same place as it was on the T36. Towards the bottom of the data plate, the proof mark adds some interesting connection to the original, but it just hovers in the void without an engraved serial number.

The more interesting issue is the polymer flow as the receiver was molded. The matte dark area under the "Cal..." line is very noticeable and almost exactly the same on mine. With an engraved serial number, it may not be as obvious.

Does any of that matter? No, but in comparison to the destroyed T36, it is different and apparent.
Point taken.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
To those that have received their new TG36 receiver, can you tell what Tom did to the lower/trigger pack?

Was it modded in some way or did he just check that it was set up properly for semi-auto use only?

Cheers.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Tom posted a video on Facebook regarding what you need to do to send it in

·
Registered
37 Posts
My TG36 is supposed to arrive at my dealer on Thursday. Unfortunately I will need to go through another background check and with the current wait times I am thinking it will be at least a month and another $20 for the background (on top of the "upgrade" and shipping) before I get to take it home. :(

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just back from the FFL shop, nics delays. Anyway, they gave me back the lower, the front part is ground/shaved down at a slight angle, not by much but its lower than used to be. I have a spare lower that is not modified this way yet so I will compare how much material was shaved off later... I looked at the new receiver, the material has changed a bit I think, feels even more solid and stronger plastic than used to be, the color is a little more greyish than originally, sear blocks are in there, the carrier block is now squared instead fo the diagonal like the SL8. The overall fit feels tighter when fitting the lower onto this which is nice, I like the new logo design. The discoloration in the lower half of the logo area seems not so noticeable on mine. There seems to be a few more things modified around where the trunnion is set into the plastic, not absolutely sure on that, but looked a tad bit different...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got mine back today. Gotta admit, she’s looking good 😎 receiver is definitely more gray in color

·
Registered
99 Posts
I took possession of my TG36 receiver today. It feels heavier than my T36 receiver. Definitely beefier. Finish is not as dark as my T36 receiver. The lower / fcg is the same although darker in color than the receiver. He just took a small amount of material off the lower in order for it to fit the new receiver. Overall I think he did a good job. No complaints other than I have to refile my SBR and most likely won't receive a refund on the original $200.

Redacted area is where he engraved NFA info.

ETA: There is a engraving blem underneath the model information on the left side of the receiver. Not a big deal to me but does anyone else have this mark?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took possession of my TG36 receiver today. It feels heavier than my T36 receiver. Definitely beefier. Finish is not as dark as my T36 receiver. The lower / fcg is the same although darker in color than the receiver. He just took a small amount of material off the lower in order for it to fit the new receiver. Overall I think he did a good job. No complaints other than I have to refile my SBR and most likely won't receive a refund on the original $200.

ETA: There is a engraving blem underneath the model information on the left side of the receiver. Not a big deal to me but does anyone else have this mark?

ive got that mark on mine. I think it’s a symbol of some sort, not a blem

·
Registered
2,203 Posts

Not a blemish

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
GCMKC - I think it's Tatooine

Reactions: ecsuser

·
Registered
125 Posts
For people who got their reciver back does Tom Bostic send an email out before he return it?
About 2.5 weeks in I got a tracking notification sent to the email I ordered with. Otherwise no comms since the order confirmation. Still waiting for the final delivery at FFL, couple days more...

41 - 60 of 108 Posts