HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming up on unexpected mid life crisis, some of my friends have chosen Harley Davidson, I'm still trying to hold out for a clone HK23 instead of a bike.
However, I just visited a Harley dealership and man I wanted to buy one. The salesman thought he had me in the bag, but I told him I wanted to really get an HK23. He had no idea what I was talking about, it was hard to explain as I didn't want to get into the fact I have a sear pack, but now I am torn between the two. It's kind of like one or the other. Need some feed back, Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4, Ever go meet one of your friends that you would have never thought would ride? This just happened this last weekend and it makes me wonder. It's just that for me it's one or the other after that, its no going back, its one or the other. Thanks JTinIN.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, I still want the 23, but its the wait! I could always go out and get the bike at will. This is killing me.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Have you owned a Harley before? If so it should be an easy question one way our the other. I bought my fist Harley going on two years ago and I will sell my truck before I sell my bike. Others don't get bit by it and move on to other things. Get a used Harley from anywhere other than a dealer and see if it's for you.

·
Grand Chazzar
3,353 Posts
Personally .......
I can't stand Harley-Davidson !
That's just my opinion.....
If I'm gonna buy something with loud exhaust....
It will have Borla or 2 chamber flowmasters .!!!
Go with one of mikes belt feds , & make more noise than a fleet of bikes !

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Beltfed won't leave an oil slick in your garage. Use the space taken up by the bike to stock pile ammo. Can't take the bike to the rifle range. Being in Georgia it is never to cold to go to the range.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, brother, but I don't like loud pipes and wouldn't take out the baffles. Look I'm still 50/50 on this. In the long run it might be cheaper to go beltfed as there won't be monthly insurance costs. I'll probably only be able to shoot it 2-3 times a year, and by the way my actual brother just called me a puxxy for wanting a bike. Go figure.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
O.K. just talked with Ghilliebear, he just talked me into a beltfed. I knew I was thrown of by one of those Bikes of the devil.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Are you freaking kidding me? OK, for real, you can pick up a Harley anytime if the mood so hits you. But how many times in your life will the stars align for you to own linked happiness?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Good choice. I chose a Yamaha V Max anyway.. superior in every aspect to a Harley. It is a crying shame that US bike makers cannot make a true high performance bike

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Buy a Harley if you want to project the image of independence, individuality, and not caring about fitting in...while trying really hard to fit in and be accepted. And remember to get the really loud pipes so you'll get even more attention while you're acting like you don't need any.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
1) HK will go up in value. HD will lose value off the lot.
2) You'll get annoyed with the HD after a season of thinking of how you really wanted the HK instead.
3) Everybody and their brother has an HD or HD wanna be.
4) Not many have a belt fed HK.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'd get the Harley... Actually I did get the Harley. Beltfed is a blast in 5 second bursts... The Harley is a blast in 500 mile road trips! Right now gas is cheaper then ammo so I say get the Harley!

·
Banned
599 Posts
i have 2 smaller sized engines harleys a 45flathead and a 45 servicar in parts mostly and some other projectbikes . i just love older motorcycles in general not just harley neither do i own a tshirt a wallet or boots,coat with harley davidson on it neither do i wrap **** arround my head causse it suposse to make me look kewl .i bought myself 2 years a ago a new kawasaki ninja for my birthday causse i wanted to have something that always starts and i love the green still do . riding a bike has something to it any bike will get you that..investmentwise only older bikes gain value including harleys. your beltfed seem to the better choice ,but you cant drive arround to nowhere on a nice sunny day ..hard choice

·
Banned
599 Posts
Buy a Harley if you want to project the image of independence, individuality, and not caring about fitting in...while trying really hard to fit in and be accepted. And remember to get the really loud pipes so you'll get even more attention while you're acting like you don't need any.
amen this is so true lol...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts