HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for an HK45 v1. No light or laser on it. I've read elsewhere here on the forum that the holster for the P30 works perfectly. Anyone care to back up that statement and confirm? And/or if you have other recommendations for a good holster, I'd love to hear them.

Joe

·
Registered
526 Posts
Check out Comp-Tac holsters. I have a Comp-Tac OWB that I bought for my HK45 and my P30L also fits the holster. I am very pleased with mine so far.

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you do a google search, I'll bet you can find at least a dozen videos of idiots shooting themselves while drawing their pistol. Very piss poor design unless you train with it DAILY !!! I only know ONE guy who can use one correctly. He was SEAL Team two for 7 years and has one for his Sig P226.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, shows what I know. I never thought about a stress draw and shooting myself in the leg with the damn thing. Thanks everyone. I just bought the Comp-tac online. Safariland is just out of my budget. For now. ;-)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've Seen postings on other forums that suggest crud buildup can also prevent you from pushing the release, essentially trapping the firearm in the holster. I was not a fan of the duty holster version. Try raven concealment. They make top notch holsters but it may take some time to get hold of one.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Are Serpa's really that bad?
Yes.
I agree with those that have responded. Serpa Bad. Comp-Tac/Safariland Good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts