HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got accepted into grad school yesterday and I've decided to treat myself to the P2000 I've been wanting for a while as a companion to the HK45C. I have a couple questions as I search for the right one.

Edit: I think my questions below are answered now guys, thanks to all who helped out. I guess shopping for the HK45C had given me the impression all HK pistol production had now been moved to the US. So it looks like I am shopping for a V1 or a V2 (plus trigger lightening parts)and the year won't matter as it will be made in germany regardless. Good stuff fellas.

Are their any factory produced LEM models that were made in Germany?

My HK45C has a Light-LEM trigger, but the specs on the stock LEM trigger for the P2000 look to be several pounds heavier. Is there a way to modify this to be closer to the HK45C trigger?

I've seen a few pistols with German markings on the grip frame, but no DE mark on the slide, are these US made slides on German lowers?

·
Registered
759 Posts
The factory LEM models generally come in V2 (or "heavy LEM"). If you want to reduce the weight down to a V1/light LEM, all you need to do is replace two springs. Check out the instructions (with part numbers) in this thread: P2000/SK/USPC LEM Trigger Job Part 1. Only the HK45's are built partially in the US. All P2000's are 100% German made and imported.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Are their any factory produced LEM models that were made in Germany?
Yes.
My HK45C has a Light-LEM trigger, but the specs on the stock LEM trigger for the P2000 look to be several pounds heavier. Is there a way to modify this to be closer to the HK45C trigger?
Convert the P2000 to Light LEM.

I've seen a few pistols with German markings on the grip frame, but no DE mark on the slide, are these US made slides on German lowers?
These are German-made before 2008 = AI. Anything produced after 2008 will have DE mark (with the exception of US-made HK45 and HK45C).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks like your questions have been answered, but congrats on your grad school admission and good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The factory LEM models generally come in V2 (or "heavy LEM"). If you want to reduce the weight down to a V1/light LEM, all you need to do is replace two springs. Check out the instructions (with part numbers) in this thread: P2000/SK/USPC LEM Trigger Job Part 1. Only the HK45's are built partially in the US. All P2000's are 100% German made and imported.
This ^ and congrats. I chose the union blue collar route after high school, but a few of my friends just got out of grad school and they aren't plagued with the jobless college generation so I know Grad school is gonna really pay off for you. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The P2000 was originally designed as LEM and only produced in DA/SA (V3) for the "North American market." They're all made in Germany. HK was nice enough to change the Variant numbers in the P2000/P3 line so don't get confused.

V2 is standard LEM -- the horrible 9 pound trigger every shot that many police departments seem to want. Light LEM (V1) is the matter of a couple of HK springs. The V3 version (DA/SA) can not be officially converted to LEM although there's an aftermarket kit that works well from reports here.

-- Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts