HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
Drama queens.... not directed at anyone specifically, but you know who you are or maybe you don’t. Give it some time guys. Site is actually much better in a lot of ways.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,608 Posts
@admin, we have got to get some help with these issues!

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
@admin, we have got to get some help with these issues!
Thank You Sir! You’re a gentleman and a scholar!

@Oicani WOW! That was not the answer I was looking for or expected, however, it goes with my previous post of ADMIN innuendo it is what it is.
To be told we are “Drama Queens” is disrespectful to everyone that has a concern of the changes made and issues we are experiencing.
Perhaps I misread your intentions or perhaps you didn't mean it that way, either way it came off wrong.

Thanks,
M.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
@Guyanaman1963 Apologies if you feel the comment was directed at you, but it was not. I'll explain it like this. I like the new site. Is my opinion less because there are a few vocal people who feel otherwise? It should be, but it seems like it is with some.

Also, I spend a lot time working on the World of HK voluntarily to keep the site's content intact. That adds value. Ask some members who are the most vocal about what they contribute to the site?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
As a Super Moderator, I hope you will learn not to call the membership drama queens - doesn't look good.

Drama queens.... not directed at anyone specifically, but you know who you are or maybe you don’t. Give it some time guys. Site is actually much better in a lot of ways.

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
@Guyanaman1963 Apologies if you feel the comment was directed at you, but it was not. I'll explain it like this. I like the new site. Is my opinion less because there are a few vocal people who feel otherwise? It should be, but it seems like it is with some.

Also, I spend a lot time working on the World of HK voluntarily to keep the site's content intact. That add value. Ask some members who are the most vocal about what they contribute to the site?
Are you intending to say that unless someone contributes their time to updating a portion of this site, or somehow otherwise adds “value“ by whatever your definition of the term is, their option doesn’t count, or is lesser? Because that’s what it comes across as.

Some people don’t like the new format. That’s going to happen with any change. But a lot more people are upset by things like losing feedback and the universal imposition of the 51 post limit, even to Premium members, or to even post a reply in the Marketplace. Those things are important to many people, and complaining about it doesn’t make them “drama queens”.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
@ecsuser

I'm not a Super Moderator. The title is "The Librarian". I have temporary access so I can work on the World of HK. That is all. I honestly can't stand the "Facebook" like comments from some members here. Again, not directed at anyone specifically. I call it as I see it and that's an opinion. If someone feels like that comment was directed at them than it becomes fact. Just sayin' bro.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
@dwillHK

Yes, those items are important and I can tell you that I see they are getting addressed. It does not make you a Drama Queens to make a comment that you don't like something. It's an opinion and we all have them. Making threats adds nothing. Posting post after post complaining about the same things over and over again adds nothing.

Just FYI, I have more iTrader feedback than anyone else on this site. I made my comment about that being a bad thing and was told the information was saved and will be incorporated into the new feedback system. I'm not worried about it and moving on. Admin and SG know it's a big issue.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,932 Posts
I remember when Trump was elected in 16 how many people threatened that if he was they would leave the country some were celebrities some were ppl I knew. To this date I do not know one person who actually moved. So if you make a threat be prepared to follow through otherwise you lose all credibility IMO

Like I said yesterday I miss the old Sturm Classifieds for its simplicity and speed to look over things

I miss the Old Sub Guns Classifieds for same reason

Same with Old Sub Guns Forums

Wondered out loud if I would have missed the Old 2000 HKPro after a look around dont think I would have missed it so much :unsure:

Now some of those Old Prices I would have missed a lot🤨 :eek:😢

I'll Take 2 Pls

So besides the prices would anyone really want to go back to the 2000 Pro Style of Board? If you say yes you are prolly still using a BlackBerry Flip Fone

If they get the feedback system up and running I think 99 percent of the ppl will be happy they have said they would so lets see. As far as the New Board I already like it better its growing on me. So everyone relax and concentrate on getting Trump Re Elected Can we get @SudS to make a prediction? That is if he can figure out how to sign in someone remind him his pass word is either 1234 or RedskinsSuc

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
There's a lot of customization once you figure it out. I personally like the Bookmarks. Also, the filters are nice for finding the content you want to read vs all the crap you don't.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,932 Posts
There's a lot of customization once you figure it out. I personally like the Bookmarks. Also, the filters are nice for finding the content you want to read vs all the crap you don't.
What is the difference between following a post vs bookmarking it?

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
What is the difference between following a post vs bookmarking it?
At the bottom of each post, you can save that post and then later refer to it in your Bookmarks. You can find your saved posts by click on your avatar and going to Bookmarks.

This way you can refer back to all the posts from certain members made when they claimed they would leave the USA if Trump was elected or the last time forum changes came and certain people who said they would leave, but didn't or did only to return. This **** gets old and the main reason why I stopped posted here, but now I'm sucked back in cause I can work on the World of HK (finally).

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I remember when Trump was elected in 16 how many people threatened that if he was they would leave the country some were celebrities some were ppl I knew. To this date I do not know one person who actually moved. So if you make a threat be prepared to follow through otherwise you lose all credibility IMO

Like I said yesterday I miss the old Sturm Classifieds for its simplicity and speed to look over things
View attachment 276781
I miss the Old Sub Guns Classifieds for same reason
View attachment 276782
Same with Old Sub Guns Forums
View attachment 276783

Wondered out loud if I would have missed the Old 2000 HKPro after a look around dont think I would have missed it so much :unsure:
View attachment 276784
Now some of those Old Prices I would have missed a lot🤨 :eek:😢
View attachment 276785
I'll Take 2 Pls
View attachment 276786

So besides the prices would anyone really want to go back to the 2000 Pro Style of Board? If you say yes you are prolly still using a BlackBerry Flip Fone

If they get the feedback system up and running I think 99 percent of the ppl will be happy they have said they would so lets see. As far as the New Board I already like it better its growing on me. So everyone relax and concentrate on getting Trump Re Elected Can we get @SudS to make a prediction? That is if he can figure out how to sign in someone remind him his pass word is either 1234 or RedskinsSuc
Biden wins by a wide margin. Kamel-toe Harris goes on personal crusade to ban all guns. And, Dak is the future of the Cowboys. Now, looking for the “Trey is Gay” button on these new boards.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Not liking the "Suggested posts" especially since they are all from 2012?

Not enjoying the automated " Did you like this post/was this post useful?" This is not facebook.

Having to scan every thread to make sure they are not NECRO threads is not convenient or useful.

I would also reinforce an earlier comment. Boards that operate at this level have a tremendous volume of posts. Being able to quickly skim through the posts to find the ones I have interest in is not possible with this format and spacing. Makes it harder to find the posts you want.

AND my email was just blown up with 5 seperate useless notifications that I won participation trophies? Not kidding here
Screenshot_20201015-143343_Chrome.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,459 Posts
Turning off almost all of the notifications was one of the first things I did.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts