HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use a Thompson Machine SG on an mp5? It's a big can but no bigger than an mk9.....

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, how about any pics or vids of mp5 running mk9s? I think I'll be the ginnie pig for an SG....

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I guess I should have asked about a gsg5 or BMP upper to get traffic. Weird, no one has every run a mk9 on an mp5?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I have a Raptor 40 and a MK9K in .40 that I use with my subguns with 3-lug mounts. The "piston", Gemtech's term for the part in the mount that goes over the muzzle, can be changed for use with 9mm 3-lug. I've posted the difference between the .40 caliber and 9mm mounts here in the NFA section. I need to compare my .40 caliber MK9K to my brother's 9mm MK9K in 9mm. Dr. Dater said that there shouldn't be any appreciable sound difference. Since my brother lives in Arlington, VA and I live in Las Vegas, NV, we have had trouble lining that up. I know it is not the info you were looking for, but I'm very happy with my Raptor 40 can. I not aware of another .40 caliber subgun can with a 3-lug mount. The Raptor 40 is full auto rated with full power 10mm Auto. At least now you have another post.

Scott

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I use a Gemtech Raptor (9mm) on my MP5 and a MK-9K on my MP5K and I recently purchased a Gemtech Raptor 40 for my Coharie clone. For three lug use, they are the way to go. I have no idea about the Thompson Machine but like Scott, I didn't want you to feel ignored.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking at the SG cause I recently became a dealer for thopmson machine and already have a few of their suppressors and love them. Plus TM are great to deal with and I was looking for a large volume can for the shop mp5. I have acces to any suppressor/mount combo I want. TM has earned my business as they don't have the issues I have sealed with from the 3 letter companies (AAC, SWR, AWC), and I can buy two TM suppressors for one of the other brands....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts