HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my long wait for the BATFE approval process is finally over and I brought my 1st NFA HK home today! MP5SD Grade A masterpiece! No SEF or Pictogram trigger group... yet. Came with Urbach suppressor, and so low is the serial number its in the single digits! I am so happy so I thought I'd share my wonderful news with everyone. Here's just a couple pictures to get your mouth watering for more. (crossing my fingers I get the pics right for the post) Bought it March 2nd. Took a few months to have approval for the transfer to my dealer. Tax stamp checks for suppressor and SBR were cashed 7/26/11 and finally stamped on 12/16/11 then arrived at my dealer 12/28/11..... what a long wait to have cold German steel in my hands. It was a little late for Christmas but it will be a great NEW YEAR!

[IMG=http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3046/044oc.jpg][/IMG]

·
Registered
242 Posts
You might of missed Christmas, but what a great way to start a new year! Congrats, and welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
AWESOME!!! congrats! She is sexy, who did the conversion? It looks great. Urbach cans and barrels are nice. You have a sear on the list now? Your first photo isnt working, so I will post it for you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was built by Ken at TPM Outfitters in Carrollton Texas. Had I'd of known, I could have just done the transfer through him and saved a few months but there's always a learning curve on these things. It came with an A2 stock but I HAD to have the A3! Thanks for the repost with the pic. I got 2 outa 3 at least! I'm impressed with the gun over all but would love to be able to do a side by side comparison with another SD or MP5. One complaint is that so far it will only cycle with Winchester 124grn NATO. Was told that I just need to put a couple hundred rounds through it. Have put 250 rounds in it at the range and gave it a really good cleaning last night. Has German internals. A sear is DEFINATELY on the list but I may have to sell my Jeep to do it...
Any tips on cleaning the chamber face or do I just need to buy the chamber face brush and HK's special SD brush for the barrel? Questions, comments, concerns?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Is it me or does the cocking tube look sloped in the middle?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it me or does the cocking tube look sloped in the middle?
OMG don't make me worry! I have been sweating bullets (no pun intended) all day and waiting to get home to check and see if it is indeed sloped. From what I can tell.. NO, it is NOT. I believe that it was just the angle of the picture but close up, it does not appear to be sloped or have any odd angles. PHEW. Its probably just one of those optical illusions.

Thank you for the heads up saboteur7271. I know I need to get some special tools for this special gun. I used a 12g cleaning brush (the kind that is puffy like a cotton ball) to clean the chamber face this time. It got it pretty bright but it does look like one would need a good stiff bristle brush to get the edges of the chamber face where the trunion meets the stamped parts. And I think it would be wise to get a good stiff bristle straight brush with a long handle. I had just used a good ol' bore snake for a brief barrel cleaning on the inside and a stiff bristle tooth brush for the out side but I want to make sure to keep the hard carbon out of the expansion holes (probably need AR style pipe cleaners?) and out of the barrel flutes. I use generous amounts of CLP and do through re-wipes with clean rags to clear any excess oil. Any advise is good on what cleaners to use or what methods to go by.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Couple more pics. Pic of the backside to show cocking handle.

Nice welds on this rear sight.

Shroud tac's look nice and orderly...

Properly marked.

German parts and XX's "Stay thirsty my friends!" (Don't worry, they all got a great deal of attention when I cleaned them.... with Q-tips and a sever dedication to detail.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ken (TPM Outfitters) is a consummate professional. I stop by his store in Carrollton, TX occasionally, and he's been an awesome dealer. He is HK FOCUSED, and I'm surprised that not a lot of boards talk that much about him. His shop is filled w/ all sorts of HK goodies. I mean in a corner you will see a box filled w/ parts, I mean TONS of HK stuff.

His re-stamps are very nice, and compared to others I saw do not warp the top of the receiver all out of wack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts