HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was interested in buying a gun from CDNN Sports but they told me that they can no longer ship a handgun to NY due to the laws we have here. Something to do with ballistics where the gun must have a "spent" casing shipped with it for good ole NY to keep on file in the event the gun was ever used in a crime. Thats about all I know on this topic but the man at CDNN told me that there are places that "I" can research and have the gun shipped to (another FFL that does this type of testing) and then that FFL would ship the gun to my local FFL. Seems like a lot of shipping this thing around but does anyone know of a place that does this type of service? Typical costs in doing so? Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
221 Posts
call sherwoods guns in bowling green KY. tell him you know don. see if he will do it for you.
he's an ffl. that ffl will send it to another ffl. you then file the 4473 in NY. i believe this is completely legal but rather expensive to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
^^^ i think i threw mine away lol

but yea seems don has it right ...ffl to ffl....expensive process...it would be cheaper to buy it from someone else then cdnn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ i think i threw mine away lol

but yea seems don has it right ...ffl to ffl....expensive process...it would be cheaper to buy it from someone else then cdnn
I have never had a firearm shipped FFl to FFL, other then the $20-$25 shipping charge from the "selling" FFL, And the $20-$40 fee charged by the receiving FFL what other charges are there? When my local shop wants $998 plus 8% sales tax for the same gun I can buy online for $689 and NO TAX, paying the $50 fee's is not that bad of a hit to take.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I bought my Mark23 from another member on this board and did a FFL to FFL transfer, and there really weren't any issues at all. The entire process went very smoothly and would have been complete within 1 week or so if the judge that needed to sign off on it wasn't busy with a murder case.

The only fees were the FFL fees and shipping.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've done a few FFL to FFL transfers. Pretty much the same experience that Javic mentions, FFL fees and shipping costs. I'm waiting for my purchase order from the NYPD so I can pick up my stainless USP from my FFL, that is the only annoying part...and probably running back and forth to 1 Police Plaza to register the gun.

·
Registered
214 Posts
From what I understand...the spent shell casing is only needed on new handguns that are purchased in NY state. Used handguns don't require it. My local dealer won't do transfers on New handguns anymore...only rifles since they dont require it. That means that I have to pay his super high prices or buy used. :680:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
LOL I just found out that envelope is supposed to be sealed and you're supposed to keep it in the event that your gun is lost/stolen/used in a crime. No where in the booklet that NYPD gives you nor in the NY Firearms code does it state this. It's referenced in the FFL guide apparently.

When I first got my gun I was like wtf is in this envelope? Opened it and was like WTF is this for? LOL I guess its not sealed anymore. Oh well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I first got my gun I was like wtf is in this envelope? Opened it and was like WTF is this for? LOL I guess its not sealed anymore. Oh well.

LOL my exact reaction too!

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
I'm trying to understand the spent casing requirement. Why would NY need it while others don't? For police detectives here on this board, would spent casings make a difference in your crime solving capabilities? Just wondering.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hello all, I was interested in buying a gun from CDNN Sports but they told me that they can no longer ship a handgun to NY due to the laws we have here. Something to do with ballistics where the gun must have a "spent" casing shipped with it for good ole NY to keep on file in the event the gun was ever used in a crime. Thats about all I know on this topic but the man at CDNN told me that there are places that "I" can research and have the gun shipped to (another FFL that does this type of testing) and then that FFL would ship the gun to my local FFL. Seems like a lot of shipping this thing around but does anyone know of a place that does this type of service? Typical costs in doing so? Thanks in advance guys!
NY is so fu**** up!!!!! No offense to those of you who have to live there. A holes like Cuomo make me want to vomit my dinner all over nearest politican I can find.

Sean

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
Dude signed up for an account today and brought back a 7-yr old thread without adding anything valuable. Classic!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.