HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought an H&K USP Compact 45 50th Anniversary Special Edition in the hardwood box...appears to have never been fired. I already have a usp compact 357 but this gun looked so good I couldn't resist. I'm not in to having a gun I do not shoot but I don't want to ruin something that maybe should be kept as new.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR OPINIONS. (what's it worth?)

·
Registered
196 Posts
What is the production number of the pistol?

Do you have the commemorative coin as well? (this came with the package)

Value at 100% condition was $1150 from what I can remember in the blue book....but I am at work and can't access it readily.

I believe only 2000 were manufactured

I know you shouldn't carry it, but shooting it might not be the right thing to do either as the gold and silver engraving could be discolored from heat.

If you have other guns, why shoot it? As for selling it.....it may have more value later on, but not certain on USP.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are looking for a firearm to shoot, I would sell that particular one to someone who will appreciate its collector status.

Take the money, purchase a normal .45C, and shoot the piss out of it.

If you want to keep it and not shoot it, then do just that.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
+1 as Catalina if you can afford it. I always regret selling any gun yet there have been circumstances and choices that compel me to do just that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input I'll probably sell it or trade it because I know if I keep it I'll start shooting it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just recently bought an H&K USP Compact 45 50th Anniversary Special Edition in the hardwood box...appears to have never been fired. I already have a usp compact 357 but this gun looked so good I couldn't resist. I'm not in to having a gun I do not shoot but I don't want to ruin something that maybe should be kept as new.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP OR OPINIONS. (what's it worth?)
It's not going to shoot/feel/react much different than your USPc .357 Sig, so just hang on to it for awhile. You'll regret selling it just as much as shooting it if you believe there's value down the road. Give yourself six months and then come back to your question. It's certainly won't change much in value during that time, but your values might...

·
Registered
383 Posts
The fact that your even asking is should tell you something.

You'll probly regret shooting it the first time you take it to the range. I'd put it in the safe. You can take it out once in a while to oil it up and fondle it.

Regardless of it being 'just a USP', it is 1 in 1000, which is somewhat rare. Pick up a USPc .45 and that will make having a safe queen much easier.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What would be a good trade? I want something I can shoot and size is not important because I have something else to carry.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I have one too. Bought it brand new when they came out. Paid $1,000. It is still unfired. #925.

My opinion: "DON'T SHOOT IT!"

1 of 1000 is RARE, no matter who places a value on it.

Stoeger Books 30th Edition GUN TRADER'S GUIDE (2008) on page 97 shows value as:
NiB: $1347 Ex or NRA 95%: $1091 Gd or NRA 68%: $663

·
Registered
802 Posts
Even though I believe a gun is a tool, if it comes in a wooden box, very nicely fitted, don't shoot it. Put it in a safe deposit box until a rainy day. Then sell it to some fool that wants to pay a lot of money for it just because it has a nice wooden box and some engraving on it. Then go buy yourself the same exact USPc minus the wooden box and engraving and spend the rest of the money to buy ammo to shoot the heck out of it.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Even though I believe a gun is a tool, if it comes in a wooden box, very nicely fitted, don't shoot it. Put it in a safe deposit box until a rainy day. Then sell it to some fool that wants to pay a lot of money for it just because it has a nice wooden box and some engraving on it. Then go buy yourself the same exact USPc minus the wooden box and engraving and spend the rest of the money to buy ammo to shoot the heck out of it.
Damn mind-reader.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
It ended up getting sold, twice. Once by Bud and once from the guy I bought it off of. It now resides next to my P7M8 Jubilee! The whole thing is a really funny story that in the end worked out for everybody. Bud got his money, the second guy (really great guy) couldn't shoot it, thought it looked too nice. Sold it to me to finance a Para which IIRC was to replace his first handgun that he had sold. And I got a 50th! WoooHooo! Great people around these parts!!

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Hey IMTHESKI, What # is yours? Just curious. I'm going to start a new thread. I'm curious to see how many board members have them...and how many made it to the States.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts