HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were a couple of H&Ks here and there. Mostly G36s. And I think I might've seen a USP or two. And I think I COULD'VE SWORN having seen a 416. I hope they come out with a sequel where Bob Lee Swagger (Mark Wahlberg) uses a PSG1 in one instance or two.

I loved this movie. And it was cool because I was practically able to predict everything that happened in it. For example...

***SPOILER!!!***

(Highlight below to reveal.)
-------
...when that cop, Timmons, shoots Swagger. I just knew it was coming. I smelled it coming a mile away. Same thing with the part where Swagger shows Attourney General Russert that his rifle didn't have a firing pin when it had been planted at the crime scene.
-------

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
It was a decent movie, but there were quiet a few ridiculous scenes in it. My wife's a doctor, and she made fun of all the "do it yourself" IV scenes. I made fun of some of the improbable shooting scenes (sniping multiple targets in moving vehicles at 1000 yards, shooting tin can at 600 yards, and a few others I can't think of.)

The old Tennessee gunsmith was great though.

And there is a big flag display mistake - there's a scene where he's walking out of a big gov't airplane hangar of some kind - the Stars and Stripes is hanging backwards on the wall - they have it hanging vertically with the field to the right.

But again, it was enjoyable, and if you can willingly suspend disbelief, I'd recommend it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another thing I noticed in the movie that caught my attention right away was when the archbiship got shot. I was like... "Shouldn't the bullet have blown his head COMPLETELY off? Instead it looked as if he had been shot with a smaller bullet.

Wasn't until they explained it in the special features commentary. They said the bullet was traveling at an arc. And it was supposed to have hit the Archbishop on top of the head. And was supposed to have literally tore him apart. Because it would travel straight through his body. And I was like "ohhhh..." But they didn't put that in because it would have been too violent.

Another thing. How could Swagger have been able to shoot from 200yrds with a 22? And with that makeshift silencer? o_O

Also I would love to see Mark Wahlberg play the role of Frank Castle in the next Punisher movie.

·
Registered
86 Posts
shooting a tin can at 600 yards? No big deal....actually a piece of cake with the right gun and optics.

MY Sako TRG-42 holds it under 3" at 600 all day. Using Lapua 250gr factory loads even.

The .408 Cheytac (in the movie) - in real life - in the right hands is even more impressive than the Lapua is. My buddy was testing one in Iraq.....lots of results with the new Cheytac. Would love to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How does it compare to the .50 Barrett 82A1/107?
And is it available to the civilian market, or do they have a version that is, and how much does it cost?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Wasn't until they explained it in the special features commentary. They said the bullet was traveling at an arc. And it was supposed to have hit the Archbishop on top of the head.
All bullets travel in an arc. They over estimated how much of an arc it was given the distance.

There were lots of errors. I remember in the commentary the "gun expert" called a Colt M4 an submachine gun.

Also, what kind of dog does not flinch when a Chey-Tac goes off 18 inches from his head? Well I guess since the gun was not really shot that explains it, but what dog lover would let his dog stay that close? Heck mine run into the house just seeing a gun.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My cat.(yes cat lover) will go on walks with me up at the cabin.
and i would be shooting 308.. and the cat would not run or spook. he would look for what i was shooting at... and drag it back if he could..(not joking)

i would get home.from work and the cat would jump on the car. as i would pull on to the drive way.. as the car was still moving.. he would walk up the window and with his paw
tap me on the head by way of the sunroof...

get a dog to do that.
(dogs are cool also)

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Yup, lots of mistakes. Have You noticed that in the opening scene, when he´s shooting at the helicopter, the rifle always cycle like a semiautomatic, and he then works the bolt again? :4:

·
Registered
86 Posts
tha manual cycle of the Barrett was due to the fact that they couldn't get it to work with blanks.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
shooting a tin can at 600 yards? No big deal....actually a piece of cake with the right gun and optics.

MY Sako TRG-42 holds it under 3" at 600 all day. Using Lapua 250gr factory loads even.
But wasn't it really windy in the tin can scene up in the mountains? At a range in still, or at least constant wind I know there are lots of rifles capable of .5 moa, just not up in the mountains with wind whipping randomly all over the place. And I did say improbable, not impossible.

But again, it was still an enjoyable (albeit predictable) movie.

·
Registered
27 Posts
But wasn't it really windy in the tin can scene up in the mountains? At a range in still, or at least constant wind I know there are lots of rifles capable of .5 moa, just not up in the mountains with wind whipping randomly all over the place. And I did say improbable, not impossible.

But again, it was still an enjoyable (albeit predictable) movie.
i was shooting 600 yrds yesterday with 20-25 mph half value winds and and i had no problem keeping a 3-4inch group

·
Registered
187 Posts
When did it say the soup can was 600 yards? I just watched the scene and he's talking about the far peak being a mile right before he shoots. I don't think he ever says how far that Dinty Moore can shot is.

And I still don't understand the Chey-Tac thing. Why would you want to support a company that treats it's civilian clientele like they do? Not to mention the fact that it's basically an EDM Windrunner with a carry handle welded on. Save yourself 5 grand and buy the EDM in .408 instead of .50.

·
Registered
25 Posts

The .408 Cheytac (in the movie) - in real life - in the right hands is even more impressive than the Lapua is. My buddy was testing one in Iraq.....lots of results with the new Cheytac. Would love to get my hands on one.
Just need $13K...and you can get teh Civvie one.

It has been claimed that the .408 has more energy at 1000+m? or more than a .50.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts