HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
An odd question to ask. Anyone with a 417 wouldn't need to ask this question... Thus, what is the point of this inquiry?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's not an mr762 its an hk417. I was asking because ive heard alot of rumors about the .308 pressure saying that it could damage the weapon. Is it safe?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
it's not an mr762 its an hk417.
Yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna need some visual proof before I wade any deeper to this thick brown stuff that smells strongly of bovine feces...

Tspies had an upper early on
Hootiewho has a 417 barrel
RegularGuy has a 417 barrel
I'm willing to bet their supplier still has a few and there couple of odd 20" 417 barrels that changed a few hands.

Of those guys listed above, I understand fully why each and every one of them has and was able to get theirs. Forgive me for being skeptical when a guy shows up claiming to have what is extremely rare and expensive, but doesn't comprehend the differences between 7.62 and .308....

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
I had a 416 upper, but not a 417. The opportunity to acquire a 417 upper was there and I passed. I'll get one eventually, but unfortunately I have other things going on at the moment that take priority over that.

Just to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, perhaps he's asking due to the 417 specs being different than the MR guns and not necessarily comparing 308 to 7.62 NATO. It's no secret that the 417's have fluted chambers and some even have stepped bolt faces. There have been incidents of G3's with fluted chambers doing some pretty gnarly stuff to commercial 308 loads.

I'm glad to see RegularGuy's 417A2 barrel functioned well with the Federal Gold Match ammo.

Tspeis

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
yes, 168gr FGGM no feed or eject issues.

The hunk of crap trigger group didn't work for unrelated reasons.
I put a 762 Giessele in my 762 lower, worked beautifully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I think the OP is caught up in the head pressure debate similar to .223 VS 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Oh.....there's a couple out there. I'll see if I can find you some specs. Where's Rainman when you need him?????

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
My bad, Tspeis...

I remember the posts of you spit-balling how to go about getting a lower to work.
No worries brother. You're correct, I was actually looking into having an aftermarket vendor produce a lower that would accept SR25 mags and work with a 417 upper. I just never pulled the trigger on an upper. This was before the MR556 and MR762 were released to the public.

Tspeis

·
Registered
87 Posts
No worries brother. You're correct, I was actually looking into having an aftermarket vendor produce a lower that would accept SR25 mags and work with a 417 upper. I just never pulled the trigger on an upper. This was before the MR556 and MR762 were released to the public.

Tspeis
No reason to seek out a custom build when you have Sphur: HK417 / MR308A1 UPGRADES | Spuhr

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Interesting. I've only seen HK417 barrels, never a full upper. Do you happen to know what the barrel length is on the two that you know of?
13" barrels.

1 of the 2 417 13" CQC complete uppers that Regularguy is talking about is in a collection of someone I know well and it will probably never leave.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts