HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new to HK and the forum. I just purchased my first HK, a VP9, and love the feel and quality of the gun. At the range I noticed that at 6 yards I can shread the target with super tight groups, but that are all approximately 1 to 3 inches low. I know I'm not anticipating recoil, and when the gun pro at the range shot it he had the same result. His opinion is that the trigger is catching just a hair and causing the mussel to dip. Is this a common problem for VP9's, and has anyone experienced it and had it go away over time?

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Are you linking up the sights or the dots on the sights? Line up the sights, not the dots. Also be aware the factory zeroes the weapon for POA/POI at 25 meters.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
The bullet is going behind the front dot. It's a dead on hold.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
HK Shooting Team
2,786 Posts
Hello all,

I am new to HK and the forum. I just purchased my first HK, a VP9, and love the feel and quality of the gun. At the range I noticed that at 6 yards I can shread the target with super tight groups, but that are all approximately 1 to 3 inches low. I know I'm not anticipating recoil, and when the gun pro at the range shot it he had the same result. His opinion is that the trigger is catching just a hair and causing the mussel to dip. Is this a common problem for VP9's, and has anyone experienced it and had it go away over time?

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies.
equal height, equal light on front and rear...............then shoot the dot......cover hold..........I am willing to bet you are a Glock shooter and not used to the HK POI

·
Registered
422 Posts
The bullet is going behind the front dot. It's a dead on hold.

Yep.

Although this seems to contradict the graphic that HK includes in the Operator's Manual, I've found my VP9 is dead on POI = POA covering the dot from 3 to 25 yards for everything from 115 S&B to 147 gr Federal HST.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone for your replies. I will give you suggestions a try the next time I am at the range. Thank you for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
That was the hardest thing for me to get used to, but when I do it right they're dead nuts on!!
I'm with ya' ! But lookie here . When you get it , and it sounds like you're close, you'll wonder how you did it any other way. If you think about it does make sense . You just concentrate on the front dot and let your skills do there thing , undistracted so to speak.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Going from hunting rifles to pistols was a challenge, especially with HK sights, but it's coming along. Not second nature yet, but coming along and having a blast in the process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to thank everyone for their great responses to my question. It seems from your collective experience that blacking out the rear dots would be beneficial. Has anyone any experience doing this with the HK configuration and does it help?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would like to thank everyone for their great responses to my question. It seems from your collective experience that blacking out the rear dots would be beneficial. Has anyone any experience doing this with the HK configuration and does it help?
Sure. Did my P30SK glow in the dark rear sights. It does help with focusing on the front sight.

Tip: Use black sharpie. It cleans off with normal rubbing alcohol if you don't like it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts