HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the UMP45 in full-auto? Is it controllable? I heard that it jump around a lot, is that true?

I'm just curious, thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
How's the UMP45 in full-auto? Is it controllable? I heard that it jump around a lot, is that true?

I'm just curious, thanks.
Heard the same thing. Ran into someone that bought one and hates it in full auto. Loves it in semi, hates it in full. He said it just feels flimsy and does jump around a lot.

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
I've shot both the .40S&W and .45ACP UMP's. The .45 does have a significant amount of muzzle rise and recoil, but not so much that it can't be tamed with practice. It's a lightweight, polymer SMG firing the heavy .45ACP round, so it's going to have a good amount of kick to it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've shot both the .40S&W and .45ACP UMP's. The .45 does have a significant amount of muzzle rise and recoil, but not so much that it can't be tamed with practice. It's a lightweight, polymer SMG firing the heavy .45ACP round, so it's going to have a good amount of kick to it.
Thanks for the quick reply. So the .45 UMP's actually have more recoil than the .40S&W UMP's? I always thought that the .40S&W is the snappier round.

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
The .40S&W is a little snappier. I wouldn't say the .45ACP has MORE recoil, it's just a bit heavier with a little more muzzle rise. Either way, both can be controlled with practice.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
The guy I talked to wasn't concerned as much about the muzzle rise, which is to be expected from such a light .45 subgun. His complaint was how flimsy it felt - like the grip and lower were about to tear off.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The guy I talked to wasn't concerned as much about the muzzle rise, which is to be expected from such a light .45 subgun. His complaint was how flimsy it felt - like the grip and lower were about to tear off.
I never felt that way. I have noticed that choice of ammo in the UMP makes a HUGE difference. Our duty Winchseter Ranger 230gr is much easier to control, and much less shoulder kick than Speer lawman practice ammo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I shot one over at Ghillie's house and did find the kick and control, well, less that pleasent. I'd agree, a 2 round burst is the ticket.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I love how all the anti gun losers have nothing better to do, than search youtube for gun vids just to bash them. Idiots on there talking about how it was so dangerous with the cars behind him....I always forget that bullets just fly everywhere, including straight back when you use one of those crazy full atuo machine guns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts