HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first HK a few weeks ago, a USP Compact. Been shooting SIGs for quite a while & am pretty accurate with them but all three trips to the range I have been shooting my USPc about 3-4" lower than point of aim. I had two friends shoot it tonight as well (they also shoot mainly SIG & Glock and was their first time shooting an HK) and they also were shooting low with it. Is there some mystery to getting this thing to hit on target? Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Just picked up my first HK a few weeks ago, a USP Compact. Been shooting SIGs for quite a while & am pretty accurate with them but all three trips to the range I have been shooting my USPc about 3-4" lower than point of aim. I had two friends shoot it tonight as well (they also shoot mainly SIG & Glock and was their first time shooting an HK) and they also were shooting low with it. Is there some mystery to getting this thing to hit on target? Thanks for the input.
Shhh! Don't tell anyone I told you so, but... aim higher.

Kidding. Ok, first, what sight picture do you use? I know it's impossible, but assuming you could see the target, front sight, and rear sight dots all in focus at the same time, and the 3 dots were lined up, where would the target be in relation to the virtual line made by the top edge of the sights?

Some put the center of the bull on that line, others align the bottom of the bull ring with the line made by the sights. Have you tried it both ways?

Lastly, a USPc should be sighted in by the factory at 25 meters. If it were mine, here's what I'd do - set up some targets at 25 meters. Shoot from a rest, sandbags at the least. If it's still shooting 3 or 4" low, then you will need to change out the front sight. They are numbered on the bottom, from 6.4mm (p/n 214220) to 7.4mm (p/n 214225) in increments of .2mm (p/n's increase by one with each jump) with 6.8 being the standard. Each one will change POI by 2" at 25 meters. So if you're still 4" low, you need to go 2 increments shorter.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had this problem as well and what I found out was HK sights are setup to cover the target with the front sight. Not the pumpkin-on-post sight picture.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm with you on this one, that's the first thing I thought of too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts