HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to do it myself, but would like to know what part or parts
Gray Guns or others actually modify to get the shorter reset on guns
like the P30 LEM. Does anyone have a before and after picture of the parts?
I would like to know so it is not just a "something was done" situation
in my head. I know they warranty things, but they are my guns and
i like to be well informed.

FYI- GGI did my Expert40 (sold) it was great but I was not sure 'what' they
did or what springs etc were in the gun when they were done.

Any info would be appreciated.
Maybe it is a super secret - but I am not sure why since the odds of screwing
it up without the skill seems like 100%.

thanks
-Phil

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Suggest you call Bruce. He is VERY approachable and down-to-eath. . . a really easy guy to talk to, and extremely good-natured.

·
Registered
410 Posts
+1 =talk to bruce. i never had any business transaction with him but have talked to him about handguns, competition, even politics and insurgency. i learned a LOT from him, he's a cop / competition shooter / gunsmith / HK guru. wwwwow...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was asking because I had fred to ask the question via email, and couple of others regarding the trigger jobs they
currently offer, but never got a response. I plan to send in a gun and I guess I will just put my work request and
question in with the shipment and ask they when the work is done it comes back with answers so I have
the background info (like how to change for reduced reset competition to reduced reset carry versions - since
i think it is just a spring change) and (how to put the gun back into factory shaped by replacing some parts with
non-reworked/modified parts).
Thanks for the responses.
-Phil

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I would assume no parts really get changed. The stock parts are just filed and fitted with much less "slop" in the system right? GGI benefit is they np3(or whatever) coat the parts as well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great question Flip,

I was wondering the exact same thing! I would send a gun to grey guns but unfortunately I would be out of a pistol for months and around 400$ less in my bank account if you include shipping. Im sure someone has to know. Is it me or does "action cleanup" sound really esoteric? What is that anyway?

I think my HK45/45c/ and P30 would be awesome with a reduction in length of pull. I'd be really interested to see what some more senior members have to say about this.

Just as an addition to the OP's question will the length of pull decrease with use (essentially a poor man's trigger job)?

Thanks,

MannytheGreek

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Just as an addition to the OP's question will the length of pull decrease with use (essentially a poor man's trigger job)?
That I can answer and the answer is no. It will smooth out but the length wont be reduced. I'd love to get my hands on a pistol that's been at the volcano just to dissect it. I'd just love to see what's different out of curiosity

·
HK Nut Extraordinaire
414 Posts
In my GGI single action conversion, a new drop safety is put in the gun, new springs, and the trigger bar appears to be pinned into place. I haven't detail stripped it yet (I need to) but that's what I can see from a normal tear down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts