HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the range today and a guy asked about my hk45c twins and we talked a bit the he took out his p30 9mm v3 he never shot the 45 I never shot a p30 so we did a swap and I must say still love the grip but all I shoot is 40 and 45 so shooting a 9 was like shooting a 22 or is the recoil on the p30's just that great that their is no recoil. Now please take into consideration it's been 10 years since I shot anything in a 9. But it really has me wanting to check out a p30 in a 40. So for those of you that have a p30 in 40 is the recoil better than a usp?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
From my shooting I would say that on the P30 in the .40 S&W the recoil is just slightly more than a full sized USP .40 S&W, (which is understandable since there is so much more mass in full sized / USP Tactical ones).

The recoil in a P30 .40 S&W is a fair bit less than the recoil in the USP Compact .40 S&W

One thing you might want to try is one day seeing if someone has a HK45 that you can try, it is even smoother than the HK45c and has the great grip from the P30 series. Pretty much anytime I take someone out shooting the HK45 is the one they love best. The nice thing is you can swap 10 round mags between the HK45c and the HK45 (Assuming you use standard floor plates).

·
Registered
127 Posts
P30 handle recoil in a unique way. I shoot all 9's and I'd say it recoils a bit less than a P226 9mm... because it's cheap and I don't care for .40. I will own another .45 or two one day. But I buy 9mm ammo in bulk and it saves me a considerable amount of money over time. My buddy and I are gonna go in on a reloading set up soon though and I'll be more apt to plunge back into .45 at that time.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Yup! That's why I call mine "Puff the Magic Pistol!"

·
Registered
228 Posts
The recoil difference between the 9mm and .40SW P30 V3(I own the .40 and my friend owns the 9mm) is only a slightly higher impulse at the beginning of the recoil, after that they both feel identical. I absolutely love mine, I bought it over a USP because of the grip, it is hands down the most comfortable pistol I've ever shot. You can't go wrong with the .40 P30.

H

·
0 Posts
Not to hijack but how is the .45 I saw someone selling one on armslist not too long ago for less than $600 I tried to jump on it but it sold before I could manage to get my hands on it. I was going to buy solely based on price but it got me thinking about how much I love my P30 and that maybe I want one anyways. Anyone here shooting HK45? How's it run in comparison?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
The HK45 is a nice big brother to the P30 line, if your P30 is .40 S&W the HK45 will feel a lot smoother with less of a recoil snap, if you have the 9mm P30, the HK45 will be a bit more shove but still very pleasant. They are dead on accurate and one of the best fit in your hand .45 pistols outside of a 1911.
They are a fair bit bigger than the P30 so they are not as well suited for concealed carry (that's what the HK45c is for).

·
Registered
184 Posts
p30 40 is very smooth and recoil is very similar to a hk usp compact in 9mm (my buddys) i only shoot 40 or 45. he only shoot 9mm

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the feedback on the want list is the hk45 I just never gave the p30 line much consideration due to owning a usp40 I loved the 45c so I got a second, I asked about the p30 in the 40 because I don't want a 9mm, nothing wrong with 9 I just don't reload 9 and don't want another caliber to reload right now. But I was very impressed with the lack or recoil of the p30 in 9. I hope I don't get to shoot a p30 in 40 because I have other guns on the want list and I don't need a bump in the ranks.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Between my two USP 45s I have about 2350 rounds fired and about 300 rounds through an HK45 that I do not own.

By comparison they are EXTREMELY close. The HK45 sometimes feels smoother and the USP sometimes feels smoother. I opted for a second USP because I already have more trigger time with it, the 2+ more capacity, and I like the recoil buffer sprung design better than the nylon cuff. But that's just me. Ill buy an HK45 one day ;) the addiction is strong in this one!

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to try a P30 9mm. All my handguns are 45 and I'm looking to get into 9mm again and the P30 feels fantastic in my hands. If anyone is in the NE Ohio area and would like to meet up for a range day and you have a P30 please PM me. My LGS doesn't have one for rent.

-DBLAction454

·
Registered
890 Posts
All 9's and 45's here, and the P30 is one of the best handguns I've fired, owned, and carried. Mine is a 9mm V3 (came from Sigs so I like DA/SA), and is my primary CCW although I also love my sk 9mm V3. I'm always amazed at how little recoil my P30 has with everything from range ammo to high pressure SD rounds. Mag dumps are nuts with a P30. It's just NICE...and it feels great in the hands!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts