HKPRO Forums banner

Shot a p30 today

2294 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  jonbondave
So I was at the range today and a guy asked about my hk45c twins and we talked a bit the he took out his p30 9mm v3 he never shot the 45 I never shot a p30 so we did a swap and I must say still love the grip but all I shoot is 40 and 45 so shooting a 9 was like shooting a 22 or is the recoil on the p30's just that great that their is no recoil. Now please take into consideration it's been 10 years since I shot anything in a 9. But it really has me wanting to check out a p30 in a 40. So for those of you that have a p30 in 40 is the recoil better than a usp?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
481 Posts
From my shooting I would say that on the P30 in the .40 S&W the recoil is just slightly more than a full sized USP .40 S&W, (which is understandable since there is so much more mass in full sized / USP Tactical ones).

The recoil in a P30 .40 S&W is a fair bit less than the recoil in the USP Compact .40 S&W

One thing you might want to try is one day seeing if someone has a HK45 that you can try, it is even smoother than the HK45c and has the great grip from the P30 series. Pretty much anytime I take someone out shooting the HK45 is the one they love best. The nice thing is you can swap 10 round mags between the HK45c and the HK45 (Assuming you use standard floor plates).

· Premium Member
481 Posts
The HK45 is a nice big brother to the P30 line, if your P30 is .40 S&W the HK45 will feel a lot smoother with less of a recoil snap, if you have the 9mm P30, the HK45 will be a bit more shove but still very pleasant. They are dead on accurate and one of the best fit in your hand .45 pistols outside of a 1911.
They are a fair bit bigger than the P30 so they are not as well suited for concealed carry (that's what the HK45c is for).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.