HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HK must have priorities other than the commercial market because it feels like it's an after thought. Reviewing pistols at shot show we see many manufacturers with pistols of all frame sizes, new strikers introduced in multiple sizes (FD, compact, etc.) slides pre-cut for red dots, and many threaded barrel models that come standard with suppressor sights (my biggest pet peeve with the VP9 Tactical)
And the pricing on the P30? Walther just introduced the Creed, a hammer fired DAO pistol (think Lem) for less than its striker fired guns. And a far better trigger than Lem which is frankly old technology. I think I am finished with waiting for the crumbs of the military and LE markets to be tossed my way.

Frustrated HK fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
I understand and share your frustration but I don't agree. Greatness makes its own rules and follows no one. They provide me the most nourishing satisfying Crumbs I have ever tasted. I will enjoy those Crumbs and always want more. JMHO

·
Registered
55 Posts
i understand and share your frustration but i don't agree. Greatness makes its own rules and follows no one. They provide me the most nourishing satisfying crumbs i have ever tasted. I will enjoy those crumbs and always want more. Jmho
+1 agreed

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
HK must have priorities other than the commercial market because it feels like it's an after thought. Reviewing pistols at shot show we see many manufacturers with pistols of all frame sizes, new strikers introduced in multiple sizes (FD, compact, etc.) Frames pre-cut for red dots, and many threaded barrel models that come standard with suppressor sights (my biggest pet peeve with the VP9 Tactical)
And the pricing on the P30? Walther just introduced the Creed, a hammer fired DAO pistol (think Lem) for less than its striker fired guns. And a far better trigger than Lem which is frankly old technology. I think I am finished with waiting for the crumbs of the military and LE markets to be tossed my way.

Frustrated HK fan
While I am far from being an HK fanboy, or any brand, fanboy, what's shown at the SHOT ends up being mostly crap. Precut for RDS? SIG introduced two new ones like that with much fanfare. Except precut for their own Romeo that has been less than stellar and doesn't allow for iron sight and RDS mounting at the same time. They will not take off except with SIG fanboys. Threaded barrels with can height size have little commercial value, or practical use. Etc. HK may be sitting on their asses for a bit long but at least they don't waste themselves on useless or low yield crap.

BTW, Creed's DAO is much older technology than LEM, has a DAO reset and can't be shot at the same speed as LEM. And has no grip modularity that in 2017 should be a standard feature for plastic guns.

Keep venting, bro.

·
Registered
313 Posts
SHOT show is a bit of a joke anymore, really. With the internet being what it is, there isn't much being released at SHOT that people haven't known about or at least heard rumors about for months beforehand.

As for HK, why rush development just to get something ready for SHOT? I'd much rather they perfect the design and not get some half-assed something or other slapped together just so they have something to show off. The SP5K, for example wasn't officially introduced until the NRA show last year. It sounds like HK has some really cool stuff in the pipeline, and fr that i'm willing to wait.

In fact, i'm ready for shot to be over with so things can return to normal and vendors/manufacturers/retailers start answering phone calls and emails again.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Why does everyone think that if you don't make some huge announcement at shot show then you are a failing company? HK historically announces new products at the NRA show. Just chill out for a while...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand and share your frustration but I don't agree. Greatness makes its own rules and follows no one. They provide me the most nourishing satisfying Crumbs I have ever tasted. I will enjoy those Crumbs and always want more. JMHO
Rationalizing but that's cool.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I am far from being an HK fanboy, or any brand, fanboy, what's shown at the SHOT ends up being mostly crap. Precut for RDS? SIG introduced two new ones like that with much fanfare. Except precut for their own Romeo that has been less than stellar and doesn't allow for iron sight and RDS mounting at the same time. They will not take off except with SIG fanboys. Threaded barrels with can height size have little commercial value, or practical use. Etc. HK may be sitting on their asses for a bit long but at least they don't waste themselves on useless or low yield crap.

BTW, Creed's DAO is much older technology than LEM, has a DAO reset and can't be shot at the same speed as LEM. And has no grip modularity that in 2017 should be a standard feature for plastic guns.

Keep venting, bro.
Actually the Sig RX does allow for iron site cowitness standard.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Keep venting, bro.
Creed uses a pre cocked system without the long take up

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Keep venting, bro.
Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
When historically has HK released ground breaking info at SHOT? Isn't their timeframe closer to NRA covnention?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's really not about shot show rather their very slow pace of innovation or even line expansion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How many HK designs have issues? I'll wait.

There are one or two wizbang trends i'd like to see HK adopt. However, until the military / police adopts it in mass quantities or gives them a design requirement to meet. They aren't going to.

That being said, let's wait and see. I am interested in the VP9c and even the Vp9sk idea more so then I am the VP9 tactical / police models. A VP9c civilian model would be an easy buy for me.

edit: in all fairness though. My hk45c with the correct baseplate is the exact same size as my G19 so I am pretty content. Doesn't seem like they need to innovate anymore then that.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Actually the Sig RX does allow for iron site cowitness standard.

While 320 X Five and X Carry don't. I can understand X Five, but Carry is retarded. RX does give you a BIS, but RDS can only be a Romeo. Which so far has had very meh opinions about. If I cared about a company, I'd first want them not to produce retarded or suboptimal stuff, then bring in new things.

Creed uses a pre cocked system without the long take up

The reset is still DA long, and no grip panels. Making a 400 bucks gun forces you to cut something. For better or worse, not an HK style.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
How many HK designs have issues? I'll wait.

There are one or two wizbang trends i'd like to see HK adopt. However, until the military / police adopts it in mass quantities or gives them a design requirement to meet. They aren't going to.

That being said, let's wait and see. I am interested in the VP9c and even the Vp9sk idea more so then I am the VP9 tactical / police models. A VP9c civilian model would be an easy buy for me.

edit: in all fairness though. My hk45c with the correct baseplate is the exact same size as my G19 so I am pretty content. Doesn't seem like they need to innovate anymore then that.
I don't have a G19, but good to know my 45c is same size, cuz I shoot that gun the best for some reason.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I like that HK doesn't do what others do. They do it their way and others can take it or leave it and if HK started trying to out-do others we'd only have more of what other companies are doing. If one likes a band wagon ride there are plenty to jump on. For the rest of us, there's HK. Falling behind? I hardly think so.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While 320 X Five and X Carry don't. I can understand X Five, but Carry is retarded. RX does give you a BIS, but RDS can only be a Romeo. Which so far has had very meh opinions about. If I cared about a company, I'd first want them not to produce retarded or suboptimal stuff, then bring in new things.

The reset is still DA long, and no grip panels. Making a 400 bucks gun forces you to cut something. For better or worse, not an HK style.
I love my Romeo site. Also have A Trijicon RMR and a Deltapoint. What issues are you referring to. I do agree on the X models regarding the iron sites. Don't know why they did that unless intended for competition.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yep waiting for the NRA show ...They dont show or at least talk about something new by then ..Then I will worry (I mean did they not just expaned there USA factory) ..I am hopeing for a proper MP5 pistol (ie threaded barrel paddle etc ) ..More non AR rifles maybe hope for a MP5 rifle or like ..And def more compact or silencer set up handguns

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can wait until NRA show since I have no money to buy their stuff now. So, HK, please take your time. The SP5k raped my wallet.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts