HKPRO Forums banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,520 Posts
We should see the HK243 by 2020 and MR556 A3 by next year. That’s enough new products to keep HK going for a while longer. If we ever see a SP7, you know HK’s in financial deep sh1t so be careful for what we wish for.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
I must be wierd: For what H&K's do for me, i'm not interested in "new"; I want tried, true, BORINGLY reliable.
... that USP rail was the Beta Max of accessory rails. And what's more insulting is they don't even make lights for it anymore and they still won't change the stupid thing. (I do not accept the apologist..."just get a rail adapter" BS either) HK has a TON of "firsts" in the industry; what difference does it make if it can't last and compete when others catch up or (dare I say) eclipse it.
This same whining every year. They announced the coolest thing in YEARS from them (SP5) a month or so ago. They are tuning up their VP9. I guess they could be like SIG and just barf out beta crap every year ...
flybynt said:
... IMHO lights and rail on pistols suck anyways...
... Kind of seems like its just been same ol boring melty polymer handguns
... Please leave the USP as is. Thank you.
... the HK-USA folks look at me like I have a **** growing out of my forehead when I tell them they could sell 10k MP7 semi's ...
... If we ever see a SP7, you know HK’s in financial deep sh1t so be careful for what we wish for ...
^^Lots of fun content here, this proves the relevance of HKPro in that we HK fans need somewhere to vent! Its hard to not notice all of the SHOT stuff other manufacturers churn out, while HK has a lot less action on the "hot new releases" front. Missed opportunities? Sure. Jim Schatz (RIP) himself acknowledged this multiple times. But to repeat some of the other comments here, HK isn't one to release fads or be quick to release a new product on the same timeline as other manufacturers because they have another year or so of R&D to make sure it is perfect out of the gate. THAT is why I'm here, and why I keep drinking the same sweet trickle of HKool-Aid. But for me the positives always outweigh the negatives.

I want HK to announce full part availability at SHOT. That's always been my gripe. Legacy parts would be great but I would settle for currently supported products. How awesome would it be to be able to buy all MR and MP5/SP5 parts from hk? Need a rear site drum or A3 stock? Just click and done. Wouldn't that be nice? SP5 isn't there yet, but for the sp5k on the HK webshop there is currently a half page of in stock and two and a half pages of out of stock parts. (For the MR556: 1.5 pages in stock/ 2.5 pages OOS). I hate relying on GB and/or 3rd party sellers.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
We should see the HK243 by 2020 and MR556 A3 by next year. That’s enough new products to keep HK going for a while longer. If we ever see a SP7, you know HK’s in financial deep sh1t so be careful for what we wish for.
Did HK say they are releasing the 243 & A3 or is this just speculation because they need the money? The SP7 is a dream but I like to dream too.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,520 Posts
Did HK say they are releasing the 243 & A3 or is this just speculation because they need the money? The SP7 is a dream but I like to dream too.
Speculation, but if HK has any business acumen, they should release the 243 and A3 ASAP. We’ve been waiting long enough.

·
Registered
54 Posts
HK is not going to release any factory sbr’s. I wish they would but I don’t see it happening.
I think that unless they start building them stateside, you're right, due to 922(r) concerns. In much the same way that German regulations cause some of the things I find problematic about the MR556 compared to the 416. (If I had my way, a semiauto only 416 would be identical to a full auto 416 with the exception of the auto sear and the trigger group parts that enable full auto fire.) I have a 416 upper on a BCM lower, so I don't have to worry about the things that annoy me.)

·
Registered
108 Posts
i just hope/wish/pray H&K will throw their hat in the ring with competition to the Hellcat, P365, etc a P365 sized hammer fired pistol with 10+1 would be a big hit. or maybe at 81 yrs of age i'm too set in my ways.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Where's my P30-22 :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
i just hope/wish/pray H&K will throw their hat in the ring with competition to the Hellcat, P365, etc a P365 sized hammer fired pistol with 10+1 would be a big hit. or maybe at 81 yrs of age i'm too set in my ways.
That would be nice, I’m in the market for one of those.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Honestly I have enough problems with buying a metric ton of HK goodies between weapons, log books, mags, and rounds to feed them. Next after an SP5K, some VP9's and more USP's, I'm going to need another MR762 for a G28 clone. Gonna do one my way, and one their way. Just because.......so if they came out with more things I'd just have to buy them probably.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want HK to have a strong showing every year, but I have a personal sense of pride that my guns run when I get them. Never had brass to the face that was the guns fault (under charged rounds) and only problems I've had with the guns are fatigued springs. That's a lot more than I can say for other brands. HK has ruined me. So if they take a bit longer to put something out, so long as it's good, and not something like a VP70 or another bastard series like the P2000's I'm good with waiting. (sorry guys, I know that'll ruffle some feathers.)
I thought the P2000 series was just a modernized USP?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As far as hammer fired pistols go HK is still at the top of the Industry. Narrow the competition down to polymer framed hammer fired and they run away w it IMO

·
Registered
81 Posts
As far as hammer fired pistols go HK is still at the top of the Industry. Narrow the competition down to polymer framed hammer fired and they run away w it IMO
Unfortunately, the market is bigger than that. We can narrow down things as much as we want, but that's not how the industry is working right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
While I agree that HK seems to have slacked a little on this year's shot show, I do know that some companies take "off years" to develop new products. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but it's possible HK has something good coming for next year.

Either that, or we've been bamboozled yet again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
While I agree that HK seems to have slacked a little on this year's shot show, I do know that some companies take "off years" to develop new products. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but it's possible HK has something good coming for next year.

Either that, or we've been bamboozled yet again.
Bamboozled is my vote lol, but I still like HK so not going to complain to much myself.

·
Registered
330 Posts
That link is for ARMY M4's. Maybe you're thinking of the Marines requesting a bunch of M27's a few years ago.
No I'm thinking ALL M4's, hasn't it been made obsolete by the 416? If demand is going back to the M4 what does that spell for HK?

101 - 120 of 129 Posts