HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the price on this pistol? I think 700 is a good price on a P7 PSP?

I've wanted one for a while, but there are other pistols that I can justify to buy right now (Been wanting a M&P9 full size or a pro since I sold mine last year)

I hear they are very accurate, and very good guns. I haven't heard much about reliability though. I suppose they are good to go on that matter too?

Would the size compare more to my MP9C or my Keltec PF9? (I pocket carry my PF9 at work, is it possible with this pistol?)

Thanks!

HK P7 PSP 9 mm in very good condition. Includes 2 factory 8 round magazines, in additon to the factory case with all maintenance accessories and manual. $700

·
Registered
266 Posts
In short.....Yes! But does he have anymore photos though? I paid $750 for mine and it's in 95%+ shape.
I personally have never owned either gun your comparing for a conceal carry but I have a holster for my P7 and it keeps it very secure and since it's slim it doesn't stick out. As far as pocket carrying a P7, I wouldn't do it but that's totally a personal preference. Seems to me you'd have to have some fairly large pockets and some compliments from the ladies:wink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOLLLL

a PF9 is perfect for pocket carry, but I think the weight will be the con for it. I think it's too heavy for that. I only pocket carry the PF9 when I'm wearing shorts and I still feel the weight (and it's only liek 17oz loaded) I think this will be close to 30 loaded?

I sent him an email, hopefully he will get back to me so I can get some more pictures of it.

I just got a Mk23, so this will compliment it with another unique H&K :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I carry a PF9 everyday but if I had to pick what I had to sell a gun the PF9 would go before my 2 P7PSP's and 700 seems fair if it's clean. Is this PSP a NDS gun?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I owned one for a short time, and even tried using the pistol in combat matches. My problem was coordinating the squeezeer vs. trigger pull when firing in a hurry. The muscle memory was just not there for that pistol. Also, often times the pistol would come out of the holster already cocked before I was ready to control the trigger. Not a safe thing for me as a shooter. My mind would say, "well is this thing cocked or not??" In recoil, sometimes the pistol would de-cock without me being aware of it. The whole mechanism was confusing, and not workable for me.

The HK SA/DA combination works best for me with the option of double action, or the 1911 style Condition One.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't see how its confusing, you grab the gun like a man, and its good to go it is actually hard for me not to squeeze the cocker unless I have my four fingers forward

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm afraid of that too. for rapid firing, I was thinking you might have to coordinate squeezing and pulling trigger.

I never shot one though, so maybe it's not the case.

as long as it stays cocked during firing and rapid firing, I don't think it will cause any problems

I wish I knew someone locally that would let me shoot one.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
...... for rapid firing, I was thinking you might have to coordinate squeezing and pulling trigger....
Once you squeeze the cocker, it is in SA mode and pull the trigger as fast and as often as you like. Relax your grip to decock. Brilliant and safe design. I'd want more photos as well, but buy it, try it and sell it for more.........oops - I mean buy more.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does anyone have group pictures from a competent shooter off hand?

I can pretty much touch the rounds at 25 yards with my mk23 on paper. I'm not sure if this thing is 'that' accurate. lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
does anyone have group pictures from a competent shooter off hand? I can pretty much touch the rounds at 25 yards with my mk23 on paper. I'm not sure if this thing is 'that' accurate. lol
This from yesterday...
First shots fired from my newly aquired PSP.
Two 8-round magazines.

It is as accurate as my other high-end 9mm pistols which include a Walther P5 and P88...

The price is prettty good - I just paid $800 for mine. If you do get it, I have a hard time believing that one wouldn't be completely pleased with the performance of this pistol. In my opinion, the P7 is on the short list of the finest 9mm pistols ever made.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that's 25 yards? that's excellent.

what are those marks on the brass?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the gentleman never wrote back, perhaps it's already gone.

from that 1 pic, it looks to be in good shape. B grade?

·
Registered
42 Posts
From 20-yds.

The marks on the brass are from the fluted chamber that allows gasses to surround the cartridge which assists in reliable ejection.
From a design standpoint, the P7 is very different than most pistols. Reliability is on par with the best ever.

This youtube video does a nice job of giving you a good look at the pistol. At 2:19, you get a look at the fluted chamber. At 8:00, he elaborates further.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2TIZ1bXIk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how much do those M13 ones go for? that would be nice with that capacity. could replace my MP9c (which I love)

no way to put a light or anything on these correct?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From 20-yds.

The marks on the brass are from the fluted chamber that allows gasses to surround the cartridge which assists in reliable ejection.
From a design standpoint, the P7 is very different than most pistols. Reliability is on par with the best ever.

This youtube video does a nice job of giving you a good look at the pistol. At 2:19, you get a look at the fluted chamber. At 8:00, he elaborates further.

Inside the Heckler & Koch P7 H&K - YouTube
I read about that. the ejector almost becomes secondary...

hopefully he writes bcak, haven't heard anything

·
Registered
42 Posts
how much do those M13 ones go for? that would be nice with that capacity. could replace my MP9c (which I love)

no way to put a light or anything on these correct?
The M13 version is usually in the $1300 +/- range.

I personally, don't care for the M13 version, as I think the wider grips (changed for the double-stack mag) don't feel "right," and are too wide for the frame, which of course was originally designed to house the single-stack 8-round mags.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The M13 version is usually in the $1300 +/- range.

I personally, don't care for the M13 version, as I think the wider grips (changed for the double-stack mag) don't feel "right," and are too wide for the frame, which of course was originally designed to house the single-stack 8-round mags.
is it wider than a glock for example? perhaps the squeezing gets more difficult?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't know, as I don't have (or like) Glocks, but it just doesn't feel "right" to me... My Walther P88 has a double-stack 15-round mag, but it was "designed" that way, so it works... The P7 was designed for single-stack mags, so to me, the much wider double-stack width grip doesn't feel correct for the P7 frame. I looked at an M13 a couple of weeks ago, and hated the way it felt in my hand.

I'm sure that many others would disagree...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts