HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to order, via a Hk's LE/Security Program, a HK45 Compact. The latest on potential availability is like, early '08. Which in essence is what the HK45's really are, '08 guns.

Initial LE spec guns are basically the same as everyone else's:
(2) mags of the USPC 8-round variety.
SA/DA
I *think* new generation SuperLuminova glow in the dark sights.
Different pricing.

That's about it.

The Hk Master Dealer I've delt with before & now is telling me that he sees sku's (although no image yet), up on Hk's inventory computer that the 10-round magazines for the HK45 Compact is up too. Price is $60 :720:

They & Hk need full payment up front.

Regardless, I am eventually getting one, if it's the LAST thing I do. My buddy will be putting in for a HK45 full size.

(Despite all this I still want a Hk USP 45 Full Size too)...

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
If you have the opportunity to get in on the HK45C now, why not?

First thing Im doing to my HK45 is dump those factory sights for some MMC night sights.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll try the Super Luminova sights out and see how they go. But I know eventually, I'll end up with nuclear sights of some kind or another.

Also, I'm anxious to get it in SA/DA for a change this time. All my Hk's are LEM's right now so I believe I could drop my LEM's controls from my existing P2000's into the HK45C.

The dealer already has 3 on order from other folks, but he says he anticipates more orders to come and would recommend I get in line. All I have to do is give him the word (and my credit card # :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sights

From another forum:
"I believe some of the Luminox watches are still using tritium if not all of them. Superluminiova if given a full days charge in sunlight or a bright charge before bedtime for like 20 seconds will generally be viewable in complete darkness almost until the next morning.

Keep in mind that tritium will have a steady but not very bright glow, while Superluminova when charged has a very bright glow for about a minute and be less obvious but still quite useable in darkness for a few hours. If you're diving or doing something which requires the need to see the watch in darkness, either will serve you well, but if you are going to be in an environment where constant sunlight isn't always available for long hours at a stretch (e.g. a cave, the north pole....etc) then tritium might be the better choice."

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am seriously interested in the the new HK45's but would not pre-order one when we have absolutely no idea when they are going to be released. Being that it is HK the gun could be released this time next year. Plus when they do come out there will be plenty of places to purchase one.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Unless you really need a new duty gun and this is what you plan on using, I would wait until you can hold and feel the gun, not to mention read some reviews of those not paid to endorse firearms. For the price they are charging, I would sure want to feel it in my hands before I paid for it.

As far as the sights, I hate the idea of them. My front sight never sees light as it is holstered for days at a time, and many of my guns for from my safe to the holster depending on if I am carrying for work or not. I want something that works 100% of the time no matter what the lighting conditions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am sure trijicon or meprolite will put out tritium sights for the HK45 series....so if you don't like the factory sights (USP Tac anyone?), just hang on and replacements will be available.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am sure trijicon or meprolite will put out tritium sights for the HK45 series....so if you don't like the factory sights (USP Tac anyone?), just hang on and replacements will be available.
I am sure eventually they will, if they dont have a set that would fit it now, but buying the gun at MSRP (which is what it will cost on its initial release, and then on top of that having to pay for new sights and have them installed, your going to be over 1K easily.

Oh one other reason to wait on buying the HK45...no one will make a holster for it for a while I would imagine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts