HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
A few days ago I found a very nice P9s .45 for sale that had recently come from a private collection. It was going for $1199. I have always thought it was one of the best looking handgun designs out there. Anyway, I did not have the money, but can't stop thinking about it. What do you guys think, is this a decent price, and would I be crazy to sell my P2000sk and USPc to pay for this pistol?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I can't speak on the price, but if it does turn out to be a good deal.. Just think of how easily you could replace a P2000 or a USPc later..

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have to say I don't usually hear "best looking" and "P9S" in the same sentence... ;)

I probably shouldn't comment on the price check aspect since that's frowned upon in this section of the forum, but I'd say moving the P2000SK and USPc for a P9S wouldn't be the worst idea ever. I find the P2000 series to be one of HK's weaker offerings, and while I love the USPc, you only live once and having a cool vintage P9S is something everyone should experience. Like taclore said, they're extremely easy to replace if you miss them. Be sure to check the P9S for buffer and frame condition before committing.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Guys,
A few days ago I found a very nice P9s .45 for sale that had recently come from a private collection. It was going for $1199. I have always thought it was one of the best looking handgun designs out there. Anyway, I did not have the money, but can't stop thinking about it. What do you guys think, is this a decent price, and would I be crazy to sell my P2000sk and USPc to pay for this pistol?
Fixed sight, that's a great deal. Adjustable, it's a steal.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
it's so easy to replace the uspc and p2000sk so i say sell both and buy that p9s right away before someone snags that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys. I be picking up what you be layin down. Thanks for the thoughts. The place is about 90 min from me, and unfortunately there's no way I can get there until Thursday this week. So what I'm going to do is get there when I can, and if the pistole is still there, it was meant to be! If it is still there, I'll insist on doing a field strip and checking out the bore and barrel, making sure everything looks good. Please let me know if there are any P9 specifics to be on the lookout for. I'll do a search on this also. I know I'll need to get ahold of a few replacement buffers if this works out.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I've only sold one Hk and still regret it.
Beg, borrow or steal to get the new gun.
But never sell a good gun.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I you are luke warm or "meh" on the guns you are considering selling then do it. But I personally won't sell a pistol that I love shooting and I have some in the safe that I don't shoot that often but I know that it would not take long before it really bothered me that I sold them.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
P9S are amazing from what I hear, always wanted one like youre asking about, I think they are gorgeous!
I would sell since the price sounds very good, you can replace the others easily. When a decent P9S comes along for a great price I say get it before someone else does!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have regretted selling almost everything I have let go. I now no longer sell. Yes, I have many,many safe queens!

That being said if you need the coins to get a hard to find piece have at it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I only see the price of P9's going up, not down. The other guns can be replaced easier. I'd get the P9, but then again, I still regret selling the one I had years ago for a measly $550....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just checking back in. Thanks again for the thoughts, looks like the opinions are balancing out. I do hate to let any good handguns go nowadays, lots of uncertainty in the political climate and all that. I don't have that many guns, and the ones I do have are good shooters or have been kept for some reason. The only other thing I could sell would be my m1 Garand…. I see them going for over 1k on gun smoker. Of course, that's a piece of history of itself, and I'm set up for loading 30-06 and have several good loads for that rifle. That would probably still be easier to replace than find another P9s though. I'll call tomorrow to see if P9s is still available...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts