HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should I sell my USP 45 Tactical + USP 40 Compact for Glock 21 Gen & Saiga 12 + $550?

First Time posting on here.

I recently purchased a near perfect (slight wear on barrel hood) 2005 (according to date code) USP 45 Tactica and A USP Compact 40 (Fairly Good Condition. I want to start shooting IDPA and start doing some 3 Gun competitions. I plan to use my Glock 19 Rtf2 for IDPA.

For 3-Gun Competition I want to run my Arsenal SGL-21 AK-47 and A 45 acp handgun, and A Saiga-12.

I have a current offer of $1200 for the USP 45 Tactical, and $700 for the USP 40 Compact. If I sell both, I plant to pick u the Saiga-12 (Stock Configuration) for $650 and a Glock 21 Gen 4 for $634 and have about 500+ left over.

I've mulled over it in my head for the past couple days. I need some 3rd Party Advice.

Some Factors.

I have not shot the USP 45 Tactical, I have shot the USP 40 compact and its really nice.

Weigh in and be ruthless if you need to, I am on the fence and I need to be knocked over one way or the other.

The USP Tactical is immaculate. The 40 has some wear but very minimal.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The USP match trigger is really sweet. I wouldn't give up on that until you shot it. I personally don't think that any Glock compares to an HK, but that is just me drinking the Kool-Aid. I know the Gen 4 Glocks were having extractor issues and Todd Green was having a hell of a time getting the one he used for the endurance test to run properly. I would say sell the USPc and buy the 12 Ga and hold on to the USPt and take it out and give that thing some love! Then at the end of the day you have your shotgun and a sweet USP and you are only out $50 from your pocket.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Do what ever makes you happy. The G21SF is an awesome handgun. I have one myself.

If I were in your shoes, I would keep the USPs, but that's just because I prefer the USP over the G21.

Not familiar at all with the Saiga so can't help ya there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The USP match trigger is really sweet. I wouldn't give up on that until you shot it. I personally don't think that any Glock compares to an HK, but that is just me drinking the Kool-Aid. I know the Gen 4 Glocks were having extractor issues and Todd Green was having a hell of a time getting the one he used for the endurance test to run properly. I would say sell the USPc and buy the 12 Ga and hold on to the USPt and take it out and give that thing some love! Then at the end of the day you have your shotgun and a sweet USP and you are only out $50 from your pocket.
That is a good point. Also, how do I delete a thread. I accidentally posted twice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If anything, hold on the the Tactical.

You haven't even shot it yet.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That is a good point. Also, how do I delete a thread. I accidentally posted twice.
Assuming that you already have the AK, this option would give you all the things you said for your 3 gun preference. I'm not sure how to delete threads, but you can go into the duplicate and hit edit for you first post, then hit go advanced and change the title and the first post to "duplicate thread".

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
. . . I would say sell the USPc and buy the 12 Ga and hold on to the USPt and take it out and give that thing some love! Then at the end of the day you have your shotgun and a sweet USP and you are only out $50 from your pocket.
this^

Of course, $1,200 is an excellent price to sell at, but you'll only end up buying another one later anyway.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would not sell the USP45T once you shoot it you will know why, from what I have heard the Saiga 12 requires some work to make it run reliably so that would eat up the $500 that you would have left over anyway. In the end it is up to you.
GOTURBACK

·
Registered
25 Posts
to tell you the truth. if your planning on using the saiga for three gun, i wouldnt. i would go to your local gun buying place and pick up a nice used auto loader by remington or another reliable brand. i bought my used remington 1187 for $350 and it has held up perfect for three gun since!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Glad you got a little bit of resolution. Once you get the shotgun you should take a family picture and post it here.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
The USPT45 is a great hand gun you will not be sorry for one second that you kept it. I have been watching your channel for a while, and you already know the benefits of HK's. So keep that in mind.

Plus, think of the cost and how rare the USPT is compared to the G21SF. That would be what made the decision for me if I haven't quite warmed up to the gun yet. Glocks are nice and all, I have one, and I am about to buy one or two more. But they don't compare to HK at all. I would part with my glocks, because I would never part with my HK's they would have to take them out of my cold dead hands.

I think you made the right choice.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I would never sell an HK for a glock. Keep the Tactical .45, and get a used Remington 1187

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I would not sell the USP45T once you shoot it you will know why, from what I have heard the Saiga 12 requires some work to make it run reliably so that would eat up the $500 that you would have left over anyway. In the end it is up to you.
I dunno, my Saiga 12 runs flawlessly.
Come to think of it, I know 3 other guys with them, and AFAIK theirs run pretty flawlessly too...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts