HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife is in the market for a pistol and asked if we could go by the gun store so she can look around...I know right! Anyway, she wanted to see a few that they had and one of the ones she asked about they only had as a range gun (you can buy these, but who knows how well they are maintained) while she was looking around, I looked on the bottom shelf of the range section, and they had a USP Expert 45 as a range gun. They said they'd only had it there for less than 2 weeks. The gun is in good shape, other than normal wear, looked great.

Is it weird that they put one of these out there as a range piece? Or is this typical of ranges that let you rent guns to put rare(er) guns for people to try? I grew up shooting in my backyard and have a state range less than 2 miles from my house, so I don't have any experience with other ranges.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
All the ranges around here rent cheap beat-to-hell crap. Nothing interesting.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Range guns are usually guns people can go to the sales counter and buy after they try. No point in putting an Expert .45 in a rental counter.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You need to RESCUE that Expert from the rental cabinet. As an HK forum member you are obligated to purchase it.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
I've shot both and expert and a tactical as rental guns. It's what sold me
On the match trigger for my USPf 9. This place also rents full auto and suppressed assault rifles, they try to keep the rentals interesting.

-Sean

·
Registered
60 Posts
Range guns are usually guns people can go to the sales counter and buy after they try. No point in putting an Expert .45 in a rental counter.
This. While it is neat to be able to play with a rare(ish) gun like that, its pointless from a business standpoint in that I'm sure they don't have one for sale

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
My local range has a good assortment of guns. Glocks, S&W, Baretta, Etc. They have several USPs, but nothing higher end like the tactical or expert models. It's still an HK dude, if you like it buy it. Use the fact that it's been a range gun as a bargaining chip on a good price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ranges around my area have very good selection, you can find Kimber 1911, Walther PPS, HK USPs, SIG P220, P229, S&W 629, and more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts