HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a shoulder holster under a shirt (no undershirt) a viable EDC option with a P7?

We have good weather, meaning warm or moderately hot all year, day and night... No jackets, even an undershirt is too much. I Like my shirts tucked in, and tuckable IWB holsters are not as comfy to use as they sound on the Net. So, I was wondering if a shoulder rig would do the trick - only that I can’t even try one on since the closest thing to a gunshop is 2,000 miles away...

Anybody using or having used that as an EDC rig?

Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've carried my P7 in a shoulder rig (which I happen to have for sale in this forum). It works very well under a light jacket. Carrying it under an oversized shirt would technically work but it would be a very slow awkward draw in my opinion. Plus it seems the gun and holster would be soaked in sweat after a while. I suppose it would be better than nothing but I'd probably rather carry it in a shoulder bag/man purse than try to conceal carry a shoulder holster under a t-shirt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The only way you will know for sure, for you, is to try it.

As for me, I last "carried", via a shoulder holster, 30 years ago and can't see ever doing it again so take from that what you will!

Also, if you do decide to do/try this, I would HIGHLY recommend you reconsider wearing a T-shirt underneath, in my opinion it would be a huge mistake not to wear one.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide!

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
Regardless of what type of pistol you carry, shoulder rig on the bare skin would be uncomfortable as hell. An all steel pistol like the P7 would be rusty in a week. IMHO it's silly to even consider it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've carried my P7 in a shoulder rig (which I happen to have for sale in this forum). It works very well under a light jacket. Carrying it under an oversized shirt would technically work but it would be a very slow awkward draw in my opinion. Plus it seems the gun and holster would be soaked in sweat after a while. I suppose it would be better than nothing but I'd probably rather carry it in a shoulder bag/man purse than try to conceal carry a shoulder holster under a t-shirt.
I already carry in a “document holder” anytime I don’t want the bother of taking off the gun repeatedly from a tucked IWB holster (days in town with lots of visits to no-carry buildings), and I don’t really like it: too many opportunities for something to happen to it, including snatching by a model student thinking that there is money in there...

I wear short-sleeved button-down shirts, and I’d probably have to get an undershirt if I get a shoulder holster, your point about sweat is valid. I’ve seen your rig, looks in good conditions, but I was thinking about a vertical holster in preference to an horizontal one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts