HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see some pix of your MP5, MP5K & 53 clones!
Very interested in Coharie clone pictures but show me what you got!;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Vector arms one.

CSF

·
Registered
104 Posts
and the million dollar question, how do these perform next to real HK product? I've never had trigger time with any clones yet

any personal feedback about fit and finish on the clones?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've got 550 rounds (several trips to the range) thru my Vector since I received it on 12-14-07. My first 150 rounds I couldn't shoot more than 3 rounds with out a FTF or FTE (using the Vector supplied mag). Also, just to note, I followed Vector instructions and fired the gun with the factory lube.

I called Adam and got a new extractor, extractor spring, ejector lever, and two HK mags. I put the extractor and spring in but the ejector level wouldn't fit (others have recently complained about the same problem). Also cleaned factory grease out. Went back to the range and about every other magazine I'd have a FTF or FTE.

Came back home and disassembled everything and scrubbed the inside of the gun with a scotchbrite pad. Filed some sharp edges down and relieved some edges on the cocking tube that were causing some binding. When I first got it one of the things that bugged me was how hard the charging handle was to pull. After my "internal polishing" it runs like glass now. Reassembled and went back to the range. I just went thru over 200 rounds without any malfunctions. I was shooting WWB from Wal-mart on this outing.

The other thing to note is zeroing. My diopter is nearly at it's upper elevation adjustment to zero it. It is spot on now though. Accuracy is most impressive. I rapidly shot 30 rounds (unsupported, standing) at 10 yards and my grouping was about 3 inches with a couple fliers (again WWB 165 grain)

I bought this knowing it was going to be a labor of love to get it how I want it. Next step (after a couple thousand rounds) will be sending it to IGF and having them put all German internals in it and tweaking it.

For what it's worth I've never seen, held or fired a factory HK.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Same problem. What was your solution?
I cut up some green scotchbrite pads and made my finger tips sore. I disassembled everything, de-greased it thoroughly, and literally polished the inside (all friction surfaces). After that I fit one piece at a time back in making sure it would slide without any friction or binding. If there was friction either I would polished some more with the scotchbrite or bust out the 200 grit sand paper or file and take care of the high spots. It didn't take much, just a little here and a little there.

The most I removed was on the cocking tube support(see arrows in image below). As the support moved to the rear it didn't move straight in the tube. It actually moves downward and was causing the charging handle to hang up a bit. I used my Dremel and radiused the support at the end so it would slide a little smoother thru tube. There was also some obvious binding on the front of the support so I cleaned the whole support up. I think that made the biggest difference.

(Don't mind the dirt build-up. This is after the range. My next experiment is to see how long I can shoot it without cleaning it before it malfunctions again)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not one problem since I got rid of the Vector mags and changed my LP because of my can on it.

CSF

·
Registered
316 Posts
No Vec Pic

I'd love to post a pic of my Vector V94 - but its in the box (again) for another trip to Vector. (See my latest range report). The bolt doesn't hang, but does run completely over the extractor lever and freezes up the gun entirely.

No amount of polishing in the world will fix that.

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Vector V53LS that is now SBR. Currently undergoing a transformation to a
V53 Urban Sniper. Homage to the HK33 Sniper.
G3 stock waiting for a cheek rest and a ribbed SEF lower along with a suppressor. Custom lower scope mount is welded to the receiver. I got tired of the claw moving around. Simmons 2x7x30mm, Euro diamond illuminated.
First time displayed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Next up is a Special Weapons SW5. This is a Grand Haven, MI gun with a 00xxx serial number.
Made before the "current manufacturer". Fit and finish was very good. Runs like a champ. Eats whatever I give it. Once again the custom rail is welded to the receiver. Original lower changed to an original steel SEF. SBR is pending. Custom sliding stock. Homage to the 2nd generation MP5 just after the HK 54.

This version is SRT suppressed/Surefire handguard and JPoint 8moa dot with ghost ring rear sight.

This version is also suppressed/narrow handguard/Bushnell HOLO version 1 and a custom sliding stock.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Wow, dude. Nice. But how did you get the A3 stock to fit? I had heard that the stock rails would not go into the slots on the cast reciever.

I've never been a fan of the long barrel look on these but that top pick looks kind of cool with the can on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here are my HK subguns. Top to Bottom:

MP5SD with real H&K suppressor. German parts kit, SW rcvr.
MP5 German parts kit, SW Rcvr.
Vector V53
All SBR and Full Auto
Next one will be an HK51KPDW:cool:
Not pictured are the "longguns".

·
Registered
347 Posts
Here are my HK subguns. Top to Bottom:

MP5SD with real H&K suppressor. German parts kit, SW rcvr.
MP5 German parts kit, SW Rcvr.
Vector V53
All SBR and Full Auto
Next one will be an HK51KPDW:cool:
Not pictured are the "longguns".
WOW!!!! Awesome!!

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
From top to bottom:

HK91A3 (Real Deal)
SAR8 (Superior Alloy Version);)