HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what the state police sidearm is? luckily ive never been stopped by one to get a glimpse.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know but I dare to guess it would be a glock
i think it was actually a p7m8 if thats the right one, i dont remember the exact model...but i doubt they still use that..

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The NJ State Police were issued the P7M8 in 1983 and was used till around 2000. They then picked up the S&W 99. After a year or so with the S&W they switched over to the SIG P228 which is their current sidearm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The NJ State Police were issued the P7M8 in 1983 and was used till around 2000. They then picked up the S&W 99. After a year or so with the S&W they switched over to the SIG P228 which is their current sidearm.
thanks for the info man...also i sent you a PM idk if you received it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
darn, that's really cool! very nice choice of sidearm! I bet some of them still carry the P7 =P

Most of the Troopers I know carry the Glock 26 off duty and as a back up. Also, alot of them really liked the M8. But are very happy with the 228. It is indeed a fine firearm.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a question: Isnt the P7M8 a little too small and compact to be a primary sidearm for state police? Seems a little too quirky to me also.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The primary sidearm of the NJSP is the Sig. P-228. They haven't carried the P7M8 as duty weapon for several years. To see a trooper in uniform with anything other than the 228 is probably a case of mistaken identity. I have about 10 friends who are NJ troopers and all have said at one time or the other that the 228 is the only PRIMARY sidearm they are permitted to carry while on duty/in uniform. They may carry a Glock or the like as a secondary, which is usually on their ankle or as an off-duty sidearm. End of story.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts