HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I would appreciate your input on my next handgun purchase. I own an HK USP .45f and would like to know the pros and cons of both the Glock 19 and the SIG Pro P2009.Thanks! There is a sale on new sig pro 9mm's for $400, standard sights and glocks are about $550. This new gun will be a gun that i take when i go on vacations and the shooting range. My USP will then be stored in my night stand. Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
some people like the Sigpros but the Glock 19 is a classic. If you have never shot a Glock before, you may not like the grip angle but I love my G19. You can't go wrong with one.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Get the G19, I guarantee you'll love it. It smaller, easier to conceal than the SIG, and has a better trigger, cheaper mags and abundance of replacement parts. The only con to the G19 for me is the "Target Trigger". Order a G17 trigger/trigger bar and replace it. Those have a smooth face and give better feel IMO.

·
Registered
377 Posts
A Glock with a good trigger?

I think I've heard everything now.. ;)

The G17/G19 is a classic pistol, however like all Glocks the grip angle is a little 'off' for most people. The SigPro's are being discontinued in the US, which is the reason for the prices coming down. Also SigPro's have some of the nicest 'out of the box' trigger's out there.

The SigPro's really are a very nice pistol, and personally would be a very easy choice if compared to a Glock.

That's just me, so the best advice is always to get out and handle them, shoot them, and then decide. All we can do is give you an opinion.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would look at the HK P2000 myself. Its a great gun and is much nicer than the Glock 19 in my opinion. The Pro is nice but it is a large gun for what it is in my opinion.

·
Registered
288 Posts
G19 is one of my favorite pistols. The trigger is much nicer than a sig or HK trigger due to the extremely short reset. You can also do pretty much anything to the trigger (lighten it, smooth it out, make it heavier, etc). It is smaller and conceals easier than the sig or a P2000 yet holds more rounds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
+1 for the Glock 19. Its about the perfect size for a concealable handgun. I can hardly believe I'm gonna admit this on HKPro, but I traded in my first H&K USP 9mm for a Glock 19. It was smaller, as reliable, and held as many rounds in the mag. I did redeem myself with the USP Tac 45, P7, and SOCOM(I got rid of that gun too, the Tac did the same chores at 2/3 the size)donning flame proof suit....

·
Banned
77 Posts
SIG!

I'll go for the Sig. The 19 is a GREAT gun, but it lacks in character compared to the Sig. Thats why I love my USP's. Character & sex appeal. Even my (now ex) girlfriend said my USPc is a lot sexier than my Glock17.

But if you just want a work horse, the Glock is probably a better buy due to cost of spares/mags/accesories. I dont think its more reliable than the Sig, just more affordable to screw around with.

The Sig Pro 2009/2340 is just IMHO one of the most beautiful guns ever made. Personal preferance. Cause lets face it, its all about the street cred!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I do agree the Sig Pro is a nice looking gun. I really like the Sig 2022. Unfortunately I sold the 20 mags I had for the Sig Pro series very recently. I would love to get them back but I dont think I will as I sold them for a profit at an excellent price.

Either way the Glock is a nice gun and it is a workhorse with a great trigger. I am just an HK fanboy though, and will suggest the P2000 as it is an excellent gun without a lot of modifications needed to make it better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are there any date codes on the sigs (sp2009 model) like there are on the HKs? I would like to know what year they were produced, but I believe I have to field strip them first, correct? Also, were there multiple generations of the sp2009, or are all sp2009's identical?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll go for the Sig. The 19 is a GREAT gun, but it lacks in character compared to the Sig. Thats why I love my USP's. Character & sex appeal. Even my (now ex) girlfriend said my USPc is a lot sexier than my Glock17.

But if you just want a work horse, the Glock is probably a better buy due to cost of spares/mags/accesories. I dont think its more reliable than the Sig, just more affordable to screw around with.

The Sig Pro 2009/2340 is just IMHO one of the most beautiful guns ever made. Personal preferance. Cause lets face it, its all about the street cred!
You're already used to the Glock platform, and given Sig's recent "customer service" and "quality control", I'd steer FAR AND AWAY from anything Sig has made in the past 5 years.

The Glock is the superior platform in every aspect aside from ergos. Why would you introduce ANOTHER platform when you already have HK and Glock? Plus, those 17 mags will work real nice in a 19.

I vote Glock any day all day.

ETA: I thought you were the OP, sorry lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only handgun i own is the USP .45f. I have shot the glock 17, but only 50 rounds so I have not been formally introduced w/ the glock platform.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Assuming the USP is a variant 1, you have an opportunity to own and fire two guns that are similar (heavy DA/ lighter SA pull, downward decocker). Might be easier to become proficient using both platforms (with training).

·
Registered
377 Posts
You're already used to the Glock platform, and given Sig's recent "customer service" and "quality control", I'd steer FAR AND AWAY from anything Sig has made in the past 5 years.

The Glock is the superior platform in every aspect aside from ergos. Why would you introduce ANOTHER platform when you already have HK and Glock? Plus, those 17 mags will work real nice in a 19.

I vote Glock any day all day.

ETA: I thought you were the OP, sorry lol.
I do agree that Sig's customer service could be better, but they will continue to fix your gun until your happy. FWIW, I've bought 3 Sig's in the past 5yrs, not a single FTF, FTE, anything.

Not trying to start an argument, as we both know where we stand on Glock vs. Sig, but why do you feel "The Glock is the superior platform in every aspect aside from ergos"?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do agree that Sig's customer service could be better, but they will continue to fix your gun until your happy. FWIW, I've bought 3 Sig's in the past 5yrs, not a single FTF, FTE, anything.

Not trying to start an argument, as we both know where we stand on Glock vs. Sig, but why do you feel "The Glock is the superior platform in every aspect aside from ergos"?
+1. My P220R I bought NIB this past July hasn't had one hiccup yet. This includes all kinds of different cheap target ammo and range reloads.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I also have a USPf .45 as my "go to" home defense gun. For my carry/range/etc. gun I picked up a USPc Stainless 9mm. I wanted to keep consistancy between my handguns. I recommend that above both the Glock, and Sig.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts