HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of at a crisis point. A year ago I bought a Sig P229 Combat (I found the Combat at a good deal, same price as the standard). I love it, it's amazing, and I know it can last me forever. But I bought it to carry, thinking I wouldn't mind strapping two pounds of 1.5 inch wide metal to my belt every day. And I've found it's not the easiest thing to carry. I've put about 500 rounds through it so far.

Obviously the P7s are good carry guns so I've been questing for an affordable one. But I'm thinking should I sell the P229 and try to get a heel-release P7 in its place? I know there might be some bias here.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The P7 is smaller & lighter but holds less rounds. Since you know you like the P229, why not keep it & save up for a P7. I don't think you would regret getting one. I think the P7 is the best ccw, especially the heal release. You could also rationalize the purchase by calling it an investment. "They aren't makin any more of em". Beware of the addiction, obsession, or whatever you want to call it that comes with a P7.

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
No brainer -- Sig P229. Haha, JK, ditch it and get a P7 duh.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I don't know the weight of the combat, but my p229 Legion, fully loaded with 16 rounds is only 4.4 ounces heavier then my P7m8 with 9 rounds on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Frankly get a P7M8 if you are use to a normal USA mag style I would keep with it

I like the heel guns and have a lot of them ..But for some people it is a bit of re trainin etc ..Plus is less chance the mag pops out but can be slower to re load if you dont know what your doing

·
Registered
660 Posts
Have you ever shot a P7? Some folks can't get used to different manual of arms and strongly dislike them, so I wouldn't go selling something you really love unless you know the P7 will fill the void.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts