HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a Naval officer with a few years in. I have a SIG P226R conventional SA/DA that I bought directly from SIGArms. I love that thing to death (literally), now I want to get something smaller and more compact. I want an H&K this time around so I want to diversify my choices.

I'm really looking into the H&K USP Compact in 9mm. I've been doing a lot of research on the LEM trigger and all of that jazz. My problem is that I'm so used to firing SIG firearms (nice trigger pull in SA, decocker, etc etc) that I don't know if I feel comfortable moving into the LEM or wanting to start the transition to learn how to get used to the LEM. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) right?

What is your opinion gentlemen? Should I go the extra mile to get an LEM and learn how to be proficient with it, or should I just stick with the conventional SA/DA layout? That's another thing that kinda iffs me about the USP Compact, the hammer is bobbed so it'll be hard to cock it back at will like I can with my 226R. Is there a way I can replace it with a spurred hammer like in the P2000 or full size USP?

Thank you all.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I would go with a P2000 V3 DA/SA. And it can be had in any caliber that the P226 is. 9mm, .40 and .357 sig. As well as being able to use the same flashlight due to the standard rail.

Good luck!

·
Registered
373 Posts
+1 on that.

I faced the same question when I decided to purchase a P2000 in .40SW (my first HK) after owning Sigs in DA/SA configuration for many years. For me it was a quick decision....in a worst case scenario, it's not a bad idea to stick with what you know - that doesn't mean that with practice you can't learn to be proficient with both the LEM and the SA/DA but to keep the learning curve short, I went with the DA/SA P2000 and I am very glad I did. I like it a lot. It's what I know and what I am most comfortable with. But that's just me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went the opposite way - I had the P2000 V3 first and then transitioned to the SIG P226. It was easy to transition from the da/sa of the HK to the da/sa of the SIG. I would imagine the reverse would be true as well.

The G19 is the most recent purchase. I must say that I am glad that I got the HK and SIG first. By having DA/SA as my first experience allows me to appreciate it more. I must admit that I like the consistent trigger pull of the glock and if I had experienced that first - I would probably be ruined for DA/SA. I have yet to shoot the DAK trigger or the LEM - but I would very much like to see how they compare.

If I could have a pistol with the consistent trigger pull in lbs like the Glock - with the clean break of the P2000's SA and the sweet reset of my SIG's Elite SRT trigger - I would be in trigger heaven.

If you can find a forum member nearby with the LEM - I would see if you can try it out. I would love to get my hands on the LEM. It is my understanding that the LEM on the USPc has a shorter reset than the LEM on the P2000 - is this true?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello all,

I'm a Naval officer with a few years in. I have a SIG P226R conventional SA/DA that I bought directly from SIGArms. I love that thing to death (literally), now I want to get something smaller and more compact. I want an H&K this time around so I want to diversify my choices.

I'm really looking into the H&K USP Compact in 9mm. I've been doing a lot of research on the LEM trigger and all of that jazz. My problem is that I'm so used to firing SIG firearms (nice trigger pull in SA, decocker, etc etc) that I don't know if I feel comfortable moving into the LEM or wanting to start the transition to learn how to get used to the LEM. KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) right?

What is your opinion gentlemen? Should I go the extra mile to get an LEM and learn how to be proficient with it, or should I just stick with the conventional SA/DA layout? That's another thing that kinda iffs me about the USP Compact, the hammer is bobbed so it'll be hard to cock it back at will like I can with my 226R. Is there a way I can replace it with a spurred hammer like in the P2000 or full size USP?

Thank you all.
Welcome aboard. Are you a bubblehead or skimmer?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your input guys,

When I was debating on which H&K to get, I had it narrowed to P2000 series and the USP Compact. I don't know if it's just me, but I found the USPc to be slimmer then the P2000 and just a wee bit smaller as well - with a smaller profile. The USPc is kinda what I was looking for in my next pistol, small, compact, lean, but mean.

I'm stationed in Pensacola right now, and the gun stores here says that there's no gun ranges where you can just try any pistol out. As people said, it's either stick to what you know, or expand your knowledge. The reason why I was iffy about learning the LEM trigger was that I would have to constantly adjust my attitude when shooting my SIG or my soon-to-be-in-my-grasp HK. Everyone knows that the first shot is crucial in a situation, and when my mind is constantly being flustered "which type of trigger is it? what mode should I be in?", then I'm automatically putting the odds against myself to being with.

And to Goose, thanks for giving me a warm welcome. To answer your question, I'm a brownshoe :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I personally would not go with the LEM unless you are planning to transition all your guns to HK. The LEM is very different from any other DAO trigger out there, and if you want consistency, its not the way to go if you will still be firing Sig in DA/SA or DAO/DAK IMO. That being said, many people like myself do get addicted to the LEM and transition all their platforms over to HK and have them LEM equipped. On the flip side, you can always get the DA/SA and eventually have it converted to LEM if you decide you want to go that route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts