HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of putting adjustable sights on my USP f 45. I haven't decided what type of sight yet, but hope you guys will offer a little input.

My question is "Should I send the slide in to have the sights installed?"

I've done this on a few of my 1911's and some were easy, others weren't.

Appreciate your input on this...

Primary reason is that no matter what ammo I shoot, I'm low/left - and I'm a pretty decent shooter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
low/left was my middle name when I started with the USP (C T in my case).

Give it time, work on your skills - it's not the sights!

(search for my thread - i asked the EXACT same question). And in my case, I can shoot either the short or long barrel 45 kimbers "same hole" accurate at 25 feet single handed. But double up on the USP and they're looking like buckshot.

The best thing that got me over the hump was a tactical shooting video, not sure which sorry. But basically, the advice... "pull slowly, be surprised by the bang."

I was anticipating (as are you) and muscle memory was pulling the barrel up before the shot went off.

Ok, end of preaching.

The sights themselves - I'm not a huge fan of either. I find them hard to get a solid center resolution (for lack of a better term). I think I'm going to get some fiber optics. I don't use these for carry just range/home, so that works for me.

Good luck - go blast a dozen boxes and you'll be surprised! And oh yea, leave the 1911's at home for a while, they'll just mess you up again while you're relearning.

Cheers!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Personally, I like Meprolights. I use them on most of my carry weapons. The yellow/green set up is the best for differentiating front and rear. This is not available on the adjustable type, I don't think. Enterprise Arms in S. Cal sells a ghost ring, they will install for you. Novaks also make a nice sight picture, as does Heinie Specialty, their pattern is a straight eight stackable pattern, but they aren't adjustable. All my HKs wear Meprolight fixed sights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably go with the Meps as I have them on a few of my 1911's and I do like the sight picture - and in low/no light situations with my flash light, I'm pretty well set.

I'm going to burn a few boxes of ammo with the USP again this weekend to see if I can solve that low/left issue. At 50' it wasn't that bad and certainly good enough for defensive work, I'm just use to better. I do shoot in PPC and Bullseye leagues, but in those I do shoot 1911's, a SW 25 revolver and a SW 10 revolver, so the trigger pull is quite different.

Thanks for the input... I'm always looking for exuses to go to the range. Test new sights, test new bullets, whatever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts