HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to swap sights on my USP 9mm. Would like to be able to change other handguns.

There's a myriad of sight pusher tools out there. Can you recommend one that at least works well on USPs?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
The MGW pusher is a fine tool, and expensive, too.

Personally, I spent $38 for a "Kuber Handgun Sight Pusher" from Amazon, and haven't had any issue (changed at least 20 sights using it, so far). Most recently used it on my USP Expert and it turned out great -- the pistol now wears tritium Meprolight sights (adjustable rear).

I've been doing this a long time, and if you don't have lots of experience swapping sights you can muck up the finish on an expensive pistol real quick using a tool such as this. Best to factor that into your purchase descision...

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
All of the above posts are true. The MGW sight pro is to sight pushers what HK is to pistols.

After having my lgs attempt to change out my USP45t, and getting it back with my rears canted; I bit the bullet and got the sight pro. I knew something went wrong when I came in to pick up my tac, and the first thing out of the mouth of the gunsmith was #%€’ HK.

I lucked out and picked up the pusher cheap, with almost all of the accessories for HK’s and Glocks. I now can do all of the above plus Sigs and many 1911’s.

Never again will any of my handguns need to be handed over to others for sight issues.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Since no one has mentioned it yet, it makes incremental windage adjustments super easy to do on the fly at the range.

All sight pushers do to be honest.

It lives on the bench, but gets to travel to the range quite often.

·
Registered
367 Posts
One of the advantages of the Sight Pro is the adjustable height feature, so I installed some sights on a PDP with the optic plate installed, and I was able to raise up the sight block to contact the sights, without it, I would have had to remove the plate.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Just purchased the MGW Sight Pro. Can't say enough good things about it. Makes changing out and replacing old sights easy as pie. You won't be disappointed with this tool.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I will cast another vote for the MGW Sight Pro. I have had one for a couple of years now. It makes sight changing so easy and fast. Plus it is portable enough that you can take it to the range for micro adjustments if you want to. It has become one of my favorite firearms related tools.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A vice with leather or rubber liners,a good set of brass pin punches,a gunsmith hammer, a little oil and tap them out. They're dovetail front and back on my USP40s. A machinest scale or calipers will exactly center them. Any adjustments at the range can be done with the nylon head on the hammer.
I bought a sight tool years ago,went in the scrap pile.
I've done sights on Glocks,Sigs,HKs and CZs no problem. Takes about 15 minutes on Glock and HKs,CZs a little longer because you have to be careful removing the roll pin.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts