HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve decided to purchase new threaded barrels for my pistols (P30 & HK45), which currently are not threaded. I’m curious if anyone has made the upgrade, and if they have run into any problems. If you have made the upgrade- I’m wondering if you kept the factory sights installed. I am concerned that when the suppressor is attached- it will block the view of the target.

Anything thoughts, or insights, or recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Apparently the only sights that are tall enough the clear a can are Heinies (for P30/HK45), but before you consider getting a set, follow this thread to read about potential problem with the Heinie sights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll start looking through that thread right now. I used the search function for sights- and it seems the consensus is that Heinies all the way. I just couldn't find anything when suppressors are involved with the pistols mentioned.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
A member by the name of Fire Medic got a P30 threaded barrel (which actually is a P30L barrel). I don't know if he has Heinie sights on his P30, but you might want to PM him.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Right now my P30 is wearing factory sights. I am going to wait until my suppressor is free from ATF jail before changing sights. I bought an Osprey and it doesn't block as much of the sights as the other traditionally round suppressors do. I am also waiting to see what comes of the other thread you mentioned 2Sixy, and will go from there. In the meantime for my upcoming 3 day course for the night shoot I will have to make do with hitting the stock sights with the light and what not. Which is fine because that's what's on the gun and I need to know how to work with what I have.

I would however like to change the sights on my P30L because it's my IDPA/Training pistol, but the search continues, bummed by Ameriglo's response as I posted in the other thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah- I'm leaning towards the Osprey just because of the reason you stated- but I just didn't want to be pigeonholed. Thanks, and I sent you a PM before I saw this- I apologize for that.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Yeah- I'm leaning towards the Osprey just because of the reason you stated- but I just didn't want to be pigeonholed. Thanks, and I sent you a PM before I saw this- I apologize for that.
No apology needed brother. I am here to help share info just like many others, great place to learn a lot, just paying it forward when I can. Still have a lot to learn myself.

If you want to discuss the Osprey further send me a pm, I can tell you why "I" chose to go that route.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Yeah man- You can explain why here- I don't want to keep all the info and reviews to myself.
That discussion would belong in the NFA section just trying to abide by the rules. Also nothing I'm gonna say that hasn't been stated already elsewhere, and I'm not trying to turn your thread into a pissing match with people who own the other suppressor I was looking at after I explain why "I" chose the Osprey.

FM

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'll give you my thoughts and plan... I have a Tirant 45 OTW and plan on running two HKs suppressed.

First, like you I have a P30/9/LEM/Heinie Straight 8s (that work great BTW...), also with a Viridian X5L Gen 2. I picked up a P30L barrel that was cut down and threaded / sold by HKParts to suppress it. As it'll be a dual role pistol, I don't think I'm gonna put Tactical Heinies on it ($130 plus $80 shipping and install, so that'd be $210). I plan on seeing how the regular Heinies do, aka, sight through the can, as well as have the green laser for aiming.

Second, I have a HK45C which I considered suppressing (also has regular straight 8s on it). Add a HK45C threaded barrel when you can find them ($275 plus $15 shipping) and Heinie tacticals ($210 as mentioned above). This is also a carry gun, and I have holsters that work with regular straight 8s, so I really don't want Tactical sights on it.

So, I went a different route - I put a HK USP45 Tactical on layaway. When I considered the cost of a HK45C threaded barrel ($290) plus the Heinie Tacticals on at least one of the pistols ($210), I'm already at $500 more and I don't even have a new pistol. USP45 Tac comes with raised sights and the barrel already to go.

So in the end I spent $375 on the P30 barrel and $1050 on the USP45T. $1450-ish all said and done, and I have one dedicated suppressor host (45T) plus the P30 from time to time (also cheaper to shoot). If I mod'ed both pistols I already have full up (barrels and Heinies), that'd be $1085, plus I'd lose the ability to carry both guns. Additionally the USP45 Tac has adjustable sights to account for any POI shift with the suppressor on (it there is any). Just another benefit I can see.

It's probably some circular logic just to get a pistol I've always wanted (USP45 / 45 Tac) but it'll be nice to have a gun that is simply for suppressor work. I'll leave it match V1 probably and shoot it stock.

Just something to think about. If I were to put new sights on any of them for suppressor sights, I'd go with Heinie in a heartbeat. I've had 3 pistols with it and still have the two HKs with them on. They have all shot center mass for me without fail.

Cheers,

Rhino

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I have a HK45CT with a CT mounted to the trigger guard and a Ti-Rant .45 on the way. I am thinking about having the slide on my milled and a Trijicon RMR installed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to carry the pistols in holsters- and I guess I worry about the Trijicon RMR snagging on things, or becoming damaged. It most certainly would solve any worries about seeing over the can. I've heard the Trijicon RMR has problems when light is not perfect. I hope you post reviews when you are set up and tested it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a HK 45 with the ambi safeties & threaded barrel and I'm getting a Ti-Rant 45. After shooting a buddy's can on my gun & on a 45CT I realized I needed taller sights. I'm sending my slide out for a set of custom sights to be installed by AmerigunUSA. When it's all said and done I'll have a set of suppressor height adjustable night sights on my HK45.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts