Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best sight tool to buy.
See a lot of people mention the Maryland gun works

Currently I have
Vp9
45c
P30
P2000sk

Will eventually change the sights on all of them but looking to do the VP currently.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
The only MGW tool that will work with all HK modern handguns is the MGW Sight Pro. You will need to purchase the USP and VP9 shoes ($18/ea) in addition to the main sight tool ($300). The USP shoe will work with USP/HK45/P30/P30SK/P2000. The VP9 shoe works with VP9/VP40.

It is not cheap but it is the best. It will work with all standard and raised sights (that most other sight pushers will not).

Brownells has the MGW Sight Pro on sale right now for $300.

SIGHT PRO | Brownells

Here's a video of how it works.

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
I also purchased a 30-degree angled pusher block to use with the tool. It is needed because most (if not all) of HK rear sights have a slanted base. You can use the included straight body block but put a couple sheets of cleaning patch between the pusher block and the rear sight to prevent marring to the rear sight.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've been quite happy with the tool from sightpusher.com. The XL version has all the blocks needed for anything I've wanted to work on: XL Handgun Sight Tool - Sight Pusher Sight Pusher For some reason I don't understand, the blocks for VP9/40 sights are $8 extra.

FWIW, I use some cardboard strips from a Priority Mail box between any metal surface of a slide and the sight that would be contacted by the blocks or the sight pushing finger. This cardboard has been surprisingly durable.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Another satisfied user for MGW Sight Pro! Ive used it on quite a few HK USP,P30s P2000s. I just picked up the shoe for the VP series as my VP9& 40 will be getting Trijicon HDs from St Nick! Ive also used them on S&W M&Ps, S&W 3rd Gen Semis, Glock, Steyr, Sig metal framed, and even worked on a few Springfield XDs at the range for some members. BTW the XDs were the most difficult to remove. Good luck and enjoy!

·
Banned
18,624 Posts
Where did you get the push block. Got everything ordered from brownells but could not find the block there.
Will what is in the link work
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2236625670/maryland-gun-works-sight-pro-replacememnt-pusher-block
or do I need the entire assembly.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/412375/maryland-gun-works-sight-pro-30-degree-block-assembly
I noticed that the link on MidwayUSA says that the 30-degree pusher block (the whole assembly) is discontinued. I ordered it from Brownells actually and that item cannot be found on Brownells either.

You can just order the 30-degree block and not the whole assembly. Just swap the straight block from your Sight Pro with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts