HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MP5 Clone (Omega 9-FS) and recently purchased a SilencerCo Omega9K suppressor. I am also going to be using this suppressor on my Kriss Vector SBR 9mm (1/2x28) and am wondering which mounting solution would be best overall?

A. SilencerCo 3-Lug as my MP5 has a barrel w/ 3-Lug and add one of these to my Vector (https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-3-Lug-Adapter-1-2-X-28-82p106.htm) to swap the suppressor to either the MP5 or Vector?

or

B. SilencerCo 1/2x28 Fixed Mount and just direct thread to both my MP5 and Vector?

The one concern I have is, I am planning on adding a SureFire 328LMF Handguard to my MP5, while I know the 3-Lug clears the flashlight on the handguard (barely), will the fixed mount? Also, what mounting solution is overall just better/best in general, regardless of SureFire 328LMF handguard added to the equation?

THANKS!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd go with option A because I like the convience of the 3-lug and don't have to worry about the silencer coming loose off the threading. Be sure to loctite the adapter on your SBR. Here is a less expensive version of the adapter

https://www.inleadwetrust.com/colle...es/products/hk-style-3-lug-suppressor-adapter

I do not own this adapter, but have bought barrels from these guys and they are excellent.

Lastly, Im running the rugged 3-lug adapter on my Omega 9k; makes it a bit shorted. There is another thread where that is discussed and also a thread about silencers clearing surefire handguard.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Absolutely with a doubt, 3-lug is the way to go on subguns. Easy on/off and more importantly will not loosen up while shooting. With direct-thread you will need to keep an eye on the can while shooting to make sure it doesn't loosen up.

Also go with the Griffin Armament 3-lug adapter for your Omega 9K can and not the one from SilencerCo. It's cheaper but more importantly doesn't add inch and half to the length of the suppressor like the SilencerCo one does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts