HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen mentioned in a couple other threads that SilencerCo has a new tri-lug adapter. I'm heavily invested in SilencerCo gear and so I was quite curious. I thought others might be interested as well. I have been tempted to purchase the Griffin Armament tri-lug adapter that many report success with, but I just couldn't do it for fear of long-term wear that might impact the warranty. This new adapter helps solve that problem. Fit was perfect on the only rifle I had with me (B&T APC9). I'm very happy with this development. Without further ado:

Package label:

Other side:

Adapter and tool that comes with it:

Side-by-side with the original SilencerCo tri-lug adapter:

Side-by-side on 2 Octane 9's:

Another angle:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods, could you fix the title? So much for my proofreading skills. I keep mistyping SilencerCo on this iPad and thought I caught all of them, but I missed the title, and it doesn't appear I can edit it.

·
LOW SPEED, HIGH DRAG
365 Posts
Great pics and description.

I received my SiCo 3-lug adapter today and it installed well into an Omega 9K. It was a very tight fit onto a MM barrel on my SP5K. The push on was fine, but it took a little convincing for it to twist into place. I noticed very slight bright spots on the barrel lugs at their corners probably from the tight fit. It's a snug fit also when sliding over the knurled thread protector on my barrel.

My only concerns with this adapter are that it appears to be a sealed unit. Tried a 7/8 socket to see if it spins off to free the internal spring and spacer. It's tight and wouldn't turn and I'm not sure whether SiCo locktighted it into place. At some point, I may chuck it into a vice to see if it will spin off with a longer breaker bar on the wrench and some better torque. Will wait and see if it's "maintenance free" and stays springy following extended use or needs cleaning internally to function. A blast of carb cleaner may be a good alternative to disassembly.

·
Registered
448 Posts
SiCo has the old style adapter on sale for $70, I really have thought about picking 1 up, but the over all length of the new one i like more.

·
Registered
34,510 Posts
I've seen mentioned in a couple other threads that SilencerCo has a new tri-lug adapter. I'm heavily invested in SilencerCo gear and so I was quite curious. I thought others might be interested as well. I have been tempted to purchase the Griffin Armament tri-lug adapter that many report success with, but I just couldn't do it for fear of long-term wear that might impact the warranty. This new adapter helps solve that problem. Fit was perfect on the only rifle I had with me (B&T APC9). I'm very happy with this development. Without further ado:

Package label:

Other side:

Adapter and tool that comes with it:

Side-by-side with the original SilencerCo tri-lug adapter:

Side-by-side on 2 Octane 9's:

Another angle:
Thanks for the report and tutorial!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Super Moderator
4,378 Posts
I'm hoping this new tri-lug adapter will work on the SiCo Omega9K can. I suppose it ought to--seeing as how the older adapter does.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mods, for fixing the title.

It's sad, now that this adapter is available it makes me want to pick up a few of the Omega 9K for my K sized SBRs.

·
Registered
731 Posts
View attachment 131186

I received my 45 3lug from silencerco the other day and it mounts perfect with my apc45 and octane 45
gorgeous and congrats....makes me want to picks up a APC45 even more now to join my APC9 SBR and octane 45

so glad SiCo came out with these tri lugs for 9mm and 45acp

anyone know how the 45acp mount fits on MP5/40 or 10mm tri lug barrels?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This might make me buy a 9k. I wonder if the new mount effects the sound reduction??? Hopefully someone will test it out! Anyway thanks for posting this!

R

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here are some pics of the new 3 lug mount on an omega 9k. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so I can comment on any noticeable change due to loss of internal volume. I had a similar experience with the initial install it was a very tight fit. The spring is noticeably stiffer than the one in the original 3 lug adapter. It seems like it locks up tighter than the older mount design. Ill post some photos with an octane 9 as well. I usually run the 9k exclusively on the MP5 and keep the octane set up for pistols. The old mount caused a negligible POI shift.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
thanks for the heads up. will have to wait to order mine as they're sold out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this all steel construction like the Griffin? I have the Griffin to use on my .300 BO. Would be nice to have one less tool.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
May be slightly off topic but I thought I wanted a Gemtec MK9k. They never were great at customer care, now that SW owns them, I wonder if should just ditch the idea and go all Silencerco? New 3-lug included.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
May be slightly off topic but I thought I wanted a Gemtec MK9k. They never were great at customer care, now that SW owns them, I wonder if should just ditch the idea and go all Silencerco? New 3-lug included.
I have always had great response from GT. Talk to Doc all the time. Has done lots of off the menu work for me. Customer care does not get better than that.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts