HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting at the BOttom rung of information.

Just like I started when I got into the USP line years ago i was very dum. so I need to start somewhere for my dumbness.

Are all Mp5's 9mm considered class 3?

which IL doesnt allow to civies.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
I am starting at the BOttom rung of information.

Just like I started when I got into the USP line years ago i was very dum. so I need to start somewhere for my dumbness.

Are all Mp5's 9mm considered class 3?

which IL doesnt allow to civies.
They are all Title II weapons, whether they have a registered sear or not, due to the short barrels. Without a sear, they must be on the NFA registry as a short barreled rifle (SBR). These are also most likely verboten in IL. The closest you could come would be an HK94 which is the semi-auto version with the somewhat ridiculous looking 16" barrel on it. A lot of people in non-NFA friendly states put fake suppressors on them.

Another option is an SP89, which is the pistol version of the MP5-K. You just won't be able to put the folding stock on it, that makes it back into an NFA registry item as a short-barreled rifle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you don't need real H&K you can go the clone route, for example this gun on Gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87611383

As Dave says above, the two things that get the law looking closely are a full-auto lower and a barrel shorter than 16 inches, neither of which the clone above has.

Check the Clone Forums here for more info...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AAHh

that gives me a strong understanding of why they arent allowed, "rifle under16 inch barrels.

The clone is a good idea for me to start with, plus that way can give my sill govt time to allow title II weapons :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts