HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up with the white plastic ring around the return spring on the USPC?

What does it do besides rattle around when you tip the gun forward or back?

Can it be removed without any adverse effect?

Greg

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought the USPc 45 last week and I also own the 45 fullsize. Before I disassembled it I heard rattleing going on inside it and I thought something was broke. I took the slide off and saw the plastic ring and realized it was the buffer. It is very annoying sounding and you would think that HK could have designed it to be more stationary, but there is a reason they made it that way. Do not take it off, it does serve a purpose for the recoil spring.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That little ring is part of why the recoil on the HK USP is lighter, more managable. It's a good thing.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I just bought the USPc 45 last week and I also own the 45 fullsize. Before I disassembled it I heard rattleing going on inside it and I thought something was broke. I took the slide off and saw the plastic ring and realized it was the buffer. It is very annoying sounding and you would think that HK could have designed it to be more stationary, but there is a reason they made it that way. Do not take it off, it does serve a purpose for the recoil spring.
Same thing happened to me when I picked up my first USPC. ha ha But seriously don't take it off you will mess it up if you do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts